Hi, guys! I’m so excited to FINALLY share a fun & super COLORFUL little party with you that I designed earlier this year. This Rainbow Safari First Birthday was created for Fisher-Price, and you can find my free printables + 7 different DIY tutorials on various elements from the party over on the their website.
I am a HUGE fan of cute animals and just loved working that element into the theme. However, I definitely struggled a bit at first with how to merge the “safari” portion of the theme – which is most commonly very rustic and earth toned – with the vibrant and modern look of the Fisher-Price toys. I’m really happy with how it came together in the end, though, and I hope you enjoy it too! A few of my favorite details from everything EXCEPT the dessert table are below… I’ll be sharing that table in a separate post, which is coming up next!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– “Elephant head” drink dispenser inspired by the Elephant Clicker Pal Toy
– “Jungle Juice” and “Safari Sips” kid drinks + birch straws with little paper leaves
– Homemade smash cake (pictured above) with giraffe toy + DIY Palm Tree topper
– Kid chairs embellished with printable animal ears (Lion, Giraffe, Zebra) inspired by the toys
– Rainbow jungle vines made from colorful tissue fringe garlands + paper leaves
– Rainbow Blocks Palm Tree Centerpiece made from toy stacking blocks + paper leaves
A simple “jungle vine” made from twine + folded paper leaves was all the high chair needed! My DIY printable party hat (which you can also download for free) is pictured above as well. :)
I use Ikea Tolsby frames a lot for party signage, and since they come in both red and white I just swapped the pieces to create “color blocked” versions for some of the 4×6 signs.
Here’s a peek at the Elephant Drink Dispenser… I was thrilled to find this blue acrylic dispenser at Party City, then added som paper ears, eyes, and a trunk! Check out the full DIY tutorial here.