Happy 4th of July, everyone! Sharing this Vintage Americana Birthday Party from sugar guru Bethany Gist of Auntie Bea’s Bakery feels like the perfect way to celebrate on the blog today! Bethany threw this fun, outdoor party for her daughter last year (at the NorCal ranch home that they’d just moved into at the time), but all the pretty sweets, rustic touches, and Americana-inspired details are totally timeless. And I was instantly smitten with the AWESOME wood pallet that she painted to look like the American flag… such a great example of creative freedom in action! ;)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Patriotic Popcorn, rock candy “Sparklers”, red licorice “Stripes”, & All-American Pie
– Pinwheel sugar cookies in candy-filled tins + simple cake topped with a cluster of pinwheels
– “American Flag” painted wood palette + flag-inspired drink tub filled with soda bottles
– Burlap-and-fabric USA banner + table vases embellished with burlap & patriotic ribbon
– Festive ranch-style activities like dummy steer roping & watermelon eating contests!