A couple months ago I flew across the country to Jersey City for the “Baby Liberty” Operation Shower event – a vintage Americana style baby shower that I styled in collaboration with Operation Shower‘s Amy Belle Isle.
With nearly 200 guests, a beautiful waterside venue, and all 3 Kardashian sisters co-hosting alongside Babies R Us, this was quite a production! It also took a small village of fellow “party girls” and volunteers that generously donated their talents and time to bring the event to life on this level – so a special thank you again to everyone that helped. :)
In all honesty, I was a little worried about tackling the vintage Americana look at first, as my style naturally leans very modern, but in the end I loved how it turned out! One of my favorite challenges was trying to come up with playful “on theme” phrases when designing the table signs – i.e. “Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Naptime” (so true, right?!) – and “Give me Hugs or give me Kisses” – which is much more powerful when you think it in a Patrick Henry style tone. ;) The Americana Baby Shower Collection is now available in our Hostess INK store too!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– DIY hot air balloon centerpieces made from paper lanterns, dowels, & ribbon
– Eclectic mix of bottles + gorgeous patriotic florals (I just LOVE that blue thistle!)
– Pregnant wire form centerpieces dressed up with fabric rosettes & sashes
– Giant confetti balloons with fabric tassels + hand-painted burlap table runners
– Vintage bow cake pops, incredible royal icing cookies, & more amazing treats!