A Wacky & Wild Animal Birthday Party!

Wild Child Birthday Party - animals wearing party hats

My youngest daughter turned 4 in December… her birthday is on the 16th, which basically means right smack in the middle of the craziest time of year for almost everyone I know, including myself. ;) We decided to have a small, playdate style get-together with her 3 preschool besties and their big sisters (and her own big sis, of course!). Since Rylie loves animals, acting silly, and anything girlie, we hosted a Wacky Wild Animal Party filled with bright colors, sparkly pom poms, and cute animals wearing party hats!

My birthday is 2 days before Rylie’s, so my mom (aka Grandma) got an extra-awesome gift/activity for the party to treat us both! A trainer from Wild Wonders  – an animal education facility just outside San Diego – brought over of the coolest little “party crashers” you ever did see… scroll down for a closer peek! ;)

Party Animal Birthday Banner and Chinchilla

Wild Child Birthday Kids Table and Balloons

I designed some funky party animal plates for the birthday table that featured a rhino, elephant, fox, and bunny. Why is it so fun to give animals party hats and cheeky glasses?!

Party Animal Plates

I often make my own party plates (see the tutorial here), but this is the first time I used the plastic plates from Michaels. These were a little more time consuming since you have to hand-cut the paper designs – the plate edges are slightly rounded so you can’t use a paper cutter – but the quality of the plates is good and overall they worked well!

Colorful beads and mini plastic animal figurines made for a fun bracelet and necklace making activity…

Kids Party Activity - Animal Necklaces and Bracelets

I decorated the chairs with rainbow yarn by simply wrapping the top in a cross-cross pattern. Super easy!

Yarn Wrapped Chairs

The yarn element coordinated well with these super cute animal ornaments I found in the holiday section at Target this year. They had funky fabrics and rainbow tails and manes! They hung on each chair and also doubled as the party favors…

Rainbow Lion Party Favor

I found the elephant and giraffe in the dollar bins at Target. (They were $3 each!) Of course, they needed to get dressed up for the party too.. and you can never go wrong with sequins, pom poms, and mini party hats, right? ;)

Party Animal Elephants - Centerpiece and Plates

As much as I loved designing the party animal graphics, of course nothing compares to the real thing! Here are a few pics of the girls enjoying the awesome visit from Wild Wonders

Wild Wonders Animal Visit - Turtles

The chinchilla and Fennec fox were both super soft (and adorable!)…

Wild Wonders Animal Visit - Fennel Fox and Chinchilla

This little hedgehog was not at all soft, but she was pretty much the definition of adorable!

Cute Hedgehog

Soooooooooooo cute!

Wild Wonders Animal Visit - Hedgehog and Kinkajou

Pictured above: a kinkajou! Looks kind of like a monkey, right? These are actually part of the raccoon family, though. #truth

Party Animal Birthday Party

Party Animal Giraffe Decoration

Thanks for stopping by, party animals! ;)

P.S. I recently updated the printable designs from this party to work for anyone! You can download them for free right here.

29 responses to “A Wacky & Wild Animal Birthday Party!”

1. @clubwedd says:

A Wacky & Wild Animal Birthday Party!: Hostess with the Mostess®
    My youngest daughter turned 4 in December… he… https://t.co/gJi5GDDS8k

2. You know I love bright colors, and this #kids birthday party doesn’t disappoint. https://t.co/Udb6sCJBQh

3. Megan says:

I love the elephant and fox plates you made! Do you have the template you used available to use? What program did you use to make them?
    Love your ideas!!

• jenn s. says:

Thanks, Megan! I used Photoshop to design the plate liners, and I’m going to make a (non-customized) version available for free download soon! Stay tuned. :)

4. Meltem says:

Hi from Turkey,

I love your blog. I am following you. If you follow back, I will be pleasure with it. I share free printbales for birthday and wedding parties. Best Regards.
    Meltem

5. Design Wigan says:

What s fantastic blog! It’s my daughters 4th Birthday later this year and some of these fantastic ideas have given me inspiration of what we can do for her party!

6. Awesome post . thank you :)

7. Here’s a little Mon bday inspo for you all! Contact us [email protected] to make your dream party a reality! https://t.co/6OrFBnPC9y

8. Here’s a little Monday birthday party inspiration for you all! Does your little one have an upcoming birthday?… https://t.co/vk8ikzAl3X

9. @HWTM_Jenn says:

Check out our “Wacky & Wild” Animal Birthday Party + download the party elephant, fox, bunny, & rhino printables… https://t.co/0ZOqQ2L4KO

10. Mali says:

Hi Jen
    Just curious where you got the colorful geometric table runner you used

• jenn s. says:

Hi Mali – It’s a fabric print that I bought in-store at JoAnn… I just cut/folded it to use as a runner for the party. :)

11. Jennifer says:

Is there a way to get the long to download the individual pictures for the plates? When I click the link it only gives me all of them. But the won’t print out one at a time. Half the imagine in on one page. Thanks in advance

• jenn s. says:

Hi Jennifer –

Hmmm – The files are definitely set up to print 1 per page, so it sounds like a printer settings issue. I just tested them to double check – and each page is 8.5×11. So first – I want to make sure that you downloaded the file first and aren’t trying to print directly from your browser. You should see a little arrow in the upper right hand corner that you can click on to download the file to your desktop (click here for a screenshot) – then double click on that to open it and print directly from Acrobat. When printing, make sure the “Actual Size” and landscape orientation settings should be selected. Here’s a screenshot of that. Hope this helps!

12. Julie says:

Love this theme! Would you be willing to sell images as clipart? I would like to make invitations for my daughter’s party or do you have an invitation template?

13. Kari says:

Love this party! What did you use for invitations? I have the same question as Julie above as I would be interested in purchasing a digital invitation from you or clip art so I could make my own.
    Thanks so much!

14. Tessa says:

Hi! I love the plate templates, but the plates themselves are so expensive. Is it possible to make the template for a standard 10″ round clear plate?

15. jenn s. says:

I can look into that… but which 10″ round plates are you looking at? The problem is that the size of the inside circle (where the design would show through) on different brands of round plastic plates can vary significantly by brand.

16. Lindsey McDaniel says:

LOVE this theme! My daughter is turning 10, and we are going to have exotic animals here at the house….I think your theme can even work for older kids. Thank you for your free downloads/printables! I am also interested in a template for an invitation. Would you mind to share/sell one to me?

Thank you!
    Lindsey M.

• jenn s. says:

Hi Lindsey – So happy you’ll be able to use these for your daughter! I just sent you an email in regards to your question about a matching invitation. :)

17. Deborah Stouffer says:

Hi there. As many others, I absolutely LOVE your designs! I would love to be able to print off invitations for my daughters party to match the animal banners! Thank you so much!!

18. KaCee says:

Can I be annoying and ask you for a link to download as an invitation as well <3

19. Maya says:

Great inspiration. May I also get a digital copy of the invitations.
    Thank you !

20. Debbie Ellis says:

Hi! My daughter adores this theme & would l Me to use it for her 8th birthday party! May I use your clip art or invitation for her? Thanks so very much!

21. jaryn scott says:

Just found this on pinterest. My little will be 3 next year and is obsessed with elephants! I just didn’t want the same old baby-ish looking elephant theme though! So, I’m really excited to find this! She is a WILD ONE ;) Could I also see the invite? Thanks so much for the inspiration…I cant wait to get started.

22. anusha says:

Hi, Great theme. Would you mind share digital invitation to me. Thank you for free printables. Could you also share how you made letters and name banner

• jenn s. says:

Hi Anusha –

Just emailed you regarding the invite. :) For the letters and name banner, I designed those in Adobe Photoshop. The font that I used for the name banner is called Intro Rust G. Hope that helps!