Earlier this month, I shared a couple savory recipes for game day that were geared especially for all the bacon lovers out there, so now it’s time to talk about something SWEET. And let’s also make it nice and chocolate-y while we’re at it, shall we?!
These Layered OREO Pudding Pops were inspired by the bold stripes on football referee jerseys. They’re fun to make and simple enough for the kids to help with too! You might notice that the stripes aren’t perfect… and that’s okay, because neither are we. ;) These treats are all about scoring big on taste while giving a playful nod to the most popular sport in America, with their high contrast stripes & vibrant penalty-flag-yellow sticks. Read on for all the tasty details…
P.S. This recipe is part of my current partnership with the Coca-Cola and NABISCO Home Bowl. Look for the Home Bowl in your local grocery store, or visit them online here for TONS of creative, game day party ideas! You can also enter for your chance to win one of two $400 Home Bowl Hero Prize Packs that I’ll be giving away soon! (Full contest details here.)
REFEREE-INSPIRED OREO PUDDING POPS
- 1 Box white chocolate instant pudding*
- 1 Box chocolate instant pudding
- Milk (in amounts called for on pudding boxes)
- 16 OREO Cookies, finely crushed
- 2 Piping bags (pastry bags or freezer-size plastic zip bags)
- 8 Short popsicle sticks (mine were 4.5″ x .5″ size)
- 3 oz paper cups
- Yellow duct tape
- Printable football words
- glue stick
*Make sure to look for white chocolate pudding specifically, as vanilla puddings often have more of a yellow tint to them. We want the stripes to be as close to the referee jersey colors as possible. :)
1. Prepare the popsicle sticks by wrapping them about 1/2 way down with yellow duct tape, then cutting the excess tape off the top.
2. In separate medium bowls, mix the white chocolate and chocolate puddings with milk, as directed on the boxes. Let the pudding set for 5-10 minutes.
3. Using a food processor, crush 16 OREO Cookies to a fine crumble.
4. Pour the OREO Cookie crumbs into the bowl of chocolate pudding and stir until well combined. This gives the pudding a new texture and creates some extra chocolate-y goodness! No one will judge you for licking the bowl. ;)
5. Fill one piping bag with the white chocolate pudding and another piping bag with the chocolate/OREO Cookie pudding. Pipe 4 to 5 alternating layers of puddings into the cups to create a striped look.
6. Insert the wooden side of the popsicle sticks into the pudding cups.
7. Freeze for 4+ hours.
8. Pull from the freezer and allow the pops to thaw for 3-5 minutes to make it easier to peel off and remove the paper cups. Glue the printable football words onto the sticks if desired. Serve immediately with ice cold Coca-Cola and ENJOY!
For more referee-inspired game day fun, check out my Referee-Inspired Beverage Tub tutorial, featuring Coke bottles topped with mini football helmets…
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Coca-Cola and NABISCO for this post. As always, the content and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the companies that make it possible for us to keep the creative content coming!