Striped hot air balloons, polka dot pinwheels and colorful rolling hills inspired by Dr. Seuss are just some of the cute theme-y details I can’t wait for you to see in Brent’s Playful “Oh The Places You’ll Go” First Birthday Party! Mommy Nikki wanted the party to have the classic Seuss style “illustration” look, so Pinky Francisco of The Party Studio created whimsical backdrops, custom Seussland centerpieces and signage inspired by the cover and book page drawings. So, join in the fun, and see how you too can celebrate turning ONE…
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Colorful candy buffet with rainbow beans, mini stacked rainbow layer cakes and Dr. Seuss themed cookies
- DIY painted paper mache hot air balloon centerpieces with polka dot straws and flower-filled baskets
- Illustrated Seuss style “BRENT” letter backdrop with DIY felt clouds and tissue pom Truffula trees
- “Seussland” cake with Truffula trees, colorful rolling hills and whimsical clouds from Regine’s
- Striped placemats, hot air balloon straws, white picket fences and framed birthday boy pictures
- Memorbilia display with birthday boy pictures, a hot air balloon basket and “First and Favorites” sign
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Khanh…
When we were informed that the theme of Brent’s party will be Oh the places you’ll go Book of Dr. Seuss, I was so delighted and excited to make each page of the book in reality. I then look for inspirations and some ideas, the theme is so unique that you barely see some party designs over the net so I bought the book and read it, there were so many details and elements to incorporate.
Doc Mommy Nikki wanted the illustrations to be seen in the designs, the hot air balloon should be presented the way it was drawn in the book. Luckily, we managed to acquire the e-book so we were able to print all the elements needed. Each page was featured in every focal point of the design. For the centerpiece, our team created paper mache hot air balloon and even the trufulla trees, we use felt cloth clouds for the ceiling, stage backdrop and dessert buffet. The letter standees looks like it was illustrated, we also use paper pompoms for the big trufulla trees . The printables and its message were inspired by Dr. Seuss writings.
I personally love the memorabilia area where in we put big basket for Brent to use with floating balloons and Brent’s first and favorites documentation. With the assistance of Doc Mommy Nikki we were able to pull of the best design for her precious son, she was very helpful and generous in her ideas. Jiggles the Balloon Lady put so much fun in the party’s program, the balloon show was a hit for kids and adults too. Luxe Photo is so amazing, they captured the best designs and moments of the event.