This post is sponsored by Coca-Cola, who you can now find on Pinterest!
Last month, I had a fun opportunity to visit the World of Coca-Cola museum in Atlanta for the first time, along with a fun group of fellow bloggers. There were some really cool & interesting things to check out there – like the Taste It! room, for example – which was my very favorite part of the museum for obvious reasons. ;) I also REALLY loved looking at all the different Coca-Cola bottle artwork exhibits… there are seriously so many fun things you can do with these bottles plus a little creativity!
And on that note, let’s dress them up for HALLOWEEN today, shall we?
HIPSTER HALLOWEEN FRIEND COKE BOTTLES
Since Halloween is already *creeping up* fast, I wanted to keep this DIY project fast and easy. These decorative bottles make a fun accent for your home or Halloween party table, and older kids can help out with the cutting and duct tape mummy-wrapping too!
– Empty Coca-Cola bottles
– Scissors (ideally small precision scissors)
– Hot glue gun
– Printable Halloween Character Faces
– Jack-o-Lantern: silver paint + painter’s tape
– Vampire AND Cat: black paint + painter’s tape
– Mummy: glow-in-the-dark duct tape mini roll
1. Print & cut the Halloween character faces so that they’re ready to go once the Coke bottles are prepped.
2. To make the Mummy, start unrolling the duct tape and tear it right down the middle. This will make the tape width skinnier and easier to wrap around the bottle. Tearing the tape also gives it a nice torn edge that adds to the “mummy” effect. Wrap the bottle from the top and work your way down. Feel free to use several pieces of tape and just start/stop as you go until this little guy is all wrapped up!
P.S. I used glow in the dark duct tape to make this mummy extra festive at night. My kids were especially thrilled with this “Halloween magic”. ;)
3. For the painted bottles (Jack/Cat/Vampire), start by taping off the center of the bottle where the Coca-Cola logo appears. You can use traditional painter’s tape or washi tape like I did. (I have tons of leftover washi tape lying around and often use it for painting projects like this!) Since the bottle is curved, you won’t get a perfectly straight tape line when you wrap it around, but don’t stress on that. This is Halloween, after all – imperfection is celebrated!
I used 2 quick coats of spray paint for both the silver and black bottles. I love using spray paint because it’s super fast and I’m decidedly impatient, but you can also use acrylic paint if you prefer. Let the paint dry for 10-15 mins, then carefully peel off the painter’s tape to reveal the Coca-Cola logo again.
4. Now you’re ready to add the faces. Use a small dab of hot glue on the neck of the bottles to attach them. The black cat is extra special because he also comes with a tail. ;)
Hope you have fun with these new Halloween “friends”! Now it’s time to display & enjoy.
P.S. While working on this project, I realized that there was a great opportunity to create a “drinkable gift version” of these bottles too… so I made a separate post about that:
Wouldn’t the six-pack make for a super cute hostess gift idea?! And the individual bottle would be a fun surprise for a co-worker or loved one. The gift ideas are even easier than the decorative bottles too, because there’s no painting or wrapping required. Visit the full post here.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Coca-Cola. As always, all thoughts and designs are my own. Thank you so much for supporting the companies that make it possible for me to keep the creative content coming your way!