HEY BABY! Nicole Dewez of Toasted Parties threw herself a super fun & funky baby shower because, as she smartly said in her party details [below], “I wanted to celebrate the arrival of my daughter Sunny, but I also wanted to enjoy some quality time with my girlfriends; pre-mom style!”
Inspired by her nursery colors and love of donuts, Nicole created a Modern Girls Night Baby Shower that’s loaded up on cool DIY ideas, sassy sayings, movie night snacks and bold assorted desserts from Sweets Co.
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- “HEY BABY” gold mylar balloon garland photo booth backdrop and mini honeycomb accents
- Rad diaper cake with baby-size pink converse, skull & bones ribbon and a white sheep topper
- Playful baby onesie outfit mantle garland + black and white accessorized popcorn bar
- “Holy shit we’re having a baby!” cocktail napkins + silver and gold ombre glittered champagne bottles
- jumbo gold fringe heart dessert table backdrop, pink and gold glitter “S” marquee letter & DIY triangle riser
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Nicole…
This was a unique baby shower that I designed for…myself! I wanted to celebrate the arrival of my daughter Sunny, but I also wanted to enjoy some quality time with my girlfriends; pre-mom style!
I loved the theme “Hey Baby!” because you could make it whatever you want. I used the nursery colors and my love for donuts to tie everything together and give it a personalized touch.
Instead of playing the traditional games I wanted more of a “girl’s night out” so I decided on a movie night. The room we rented had a beautiful home theater in it and it was perfect for the idea.
We had flavored popcorn, donuts, pizza, cocktails and…Magic Mike! There is no better movie for a party with than that! We also had a Photobooth, which I loved because I was able to take so many photos of my beautiful friends and I! I will never forget this event. I can’t wait to share it with Sunny someday. ♥