Ann Hong *dreamed up* a Whimsical Hot Air Balloon Baby Shower for Cindy and Brett that is a sweet bundle of absolute perfection. Nichanh Petersen of Nichanh Nicole Photography captured all the “Dream Big” details like that beautiful cake (+ ENTIRE dessert table spread) by The French Confection Co, sweet baby shower games and dainty mommy-to-be crown. There are so many girly & gorgeous details, but I have to say my favorite are the amazing DIY hot air balloons strung above the party space. Each one is unique and carries a basketful of flowers!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Pretty gold confetti favor bags, illustrated welcome sign & DIY hanging hot air balloons
- “Where will baby go?” map + “Dream Big” dessert table backdrop & framed map poster
- Playful “baby” cupcakes with kraft paper hot air balloon and cloud toppers
- Crepe paper flowers with sweet “Oh Baby” accents by Laura Hooper Calligraphy
- Pink linens with tulle underlays, gold Chivari chairs & dreamy peony floral centerpieces by Twig & Twine
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Nichanh…
Ann Hong the talented Hostess wanted to throw Cindy and her family a memorable baby shower that was whimsical and sweet. Her vision was to capture the feeling of the lightness through the hot air balloons, tulle and sweet florals. The hot air balloons were intended to convey the theme that all dreams are possible. Ann mentioned that the biggest challenge and joy came with making the hot air balloons themselves – there was a bit of trial and error but they were so much fun to make.
The florals were also important to the theme. For the decor it was a combination of real flowers and rice crepe paper florals that was ordered from The Lovely Ave. To prevent the overpower of the hot air balloons – the smaller flower arrangements was added to compliment it. Heather at Twig and Twine did a beautiful job pulling together sweet florals of peonies, ranunculus, roses, lambs ears. Ann gave the vase to the florist and after the shower Ann wanted the guest to take the floral arrangement home as part of their favor.
Ann worked with Mallory at French Confection Co to design the cakes in the same design scheme as the invitation and for the smaller cakes to compliment the main cake.
Cindy (The guest of Honor) and her husband Brett are expect their first baby girl. They both were so surprised when they arrive and saw all the beautiful details. The shower was a success and all the details that Ann pulled together was a huge success.
- Crown: Ever After Props
- Photography: Nichanh Nicole Photography
- Hair & Make-up: Grace Lin Makeup
- Cindy’s Maxi Dress: Lulu’s
- All Desserts (Cakes, Cupcakes & Macaroons): The French Confection Co
- Cake Stand: Minted and Vintage
- Gold Sequin Tablecloth: La Tavola Fine Linen
- OH BABY wood stick in flower arrangement: Laura Hooper Calligraphy
- Floral design: Twig & Twine
- Crepe paper flower: The Lovely Ave
- Invitation: Marisa June Designs
- Gold Chiavari chairs: InLight Lighting
- Hot Air Balloon, Flower Garland, Styling: Ann Hong