There are so many beautiful elements that come together exquisitely in Austin’s first birthday, it’s downright impressive and incredibly inspiring! Angie Bae of Angi & Co designed this gorgeous Rustic, Whimsical & Woodland Korean Dol Celebration that features a dreamy dessert table, simply elegant printed designs, and playful animal masks. And I have to mention, how absolutely adorable is the birthday boy all dressed up in his hanbok!?
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- “Austin” silhouette letters strung in a standing birch branch dessert table backdrop
- Impressive woodgrain birthday cake with a sugar flower wreath from Cakes by Christine NY
- Gold apples, white linens, birch vases and wood slice dessert table risers
- Gold birdcage centerpieces with moss and white hydrangeas + woodgrain textured menu by Gloria Bang
- Rustic wooden frames, framed moss seating chart and gold birdcage card holder
- Felt woodland animal kids masks + adorable mini bird cookies in a shredded kraft paper “nest”
PARTY DETAILS as told by Angie…
For Austin’s 1st birthday celebration, we collaborated with Austin’s mom Stephanie to create a modern style Korean Dol filled with soft rustic details.
The Dolsang/Cake Table featured a beautiful hand veined wood grain cake by Cakes by Christine NY (www.cakesbychristineny.com) with a beautiful wreath of sugar flowers. Accompanying the cake were various sweets by Joohee Bakes (www.jooheebakes.com) and Big City Little Sweets (www.bigcitylittlesweets.com) displayed on wood slabs and white cake stands accented with birdcages. The New York City skyline was framed by the backdrop of birch poles and custom name cutout.
Each table was decorated with centerpieces of gold birdcages filled with floral arrangements on a bed of Spanish moss. Also on the tables were a trio of bird shaped cookie favors personalized for each family. All paper/printed items were custom designed by Gloria Bang on woodgrain textured paper.
Children had fun with handmade woodland creature felt masks made from the template found here. And guests were treated to an open air photo booth by AmazeBooths. Their customer service was impeccable and their staff was EXCELLENT with the children!
During the Doljabi (Korean “grab” ceremony), Austin changed from his dapper lil’ man outfit into the traditional Korean hanbok. He chose the Computer Mouse and Money which stand for a future filled with success in technology and wealth!
We loved celebrating with Austin and were honored to be a part of his milestone birthday celebration!