Dreams do come true! Andrea Handojo of The Beautydojo recently designed a Rustic Tangled Inspired 21st Birthday – meaning a princess party refined enough for adults! While almost all the inspiration she found was for young girls, Andrea used a muted color palette and rustic details to transform this otherwise “bubbly” theme into a relaxed backyard vibe. From lemonade in mason jars and wood slice centerpieces to dried lavender bunches and macarons in skillets, catch all the simply stunning details below!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Simple wood slice centerpieces with baby’s breath and carnations in mixed mason jars
– “Live every day like it is your first outside the castle wall” party sign
– Rustic burlap table runner, mason jar drinks & napkins tied with twine
– Lavender and lemon macarons + powdered mini donuts in cast iron skillet pans
– Stacked wooden crate decor display with a lantern, potted plants & wooden heart silhouette
– Sweet sunflower topped cake, lemonade in a mason jar dispenser & bushels of dried lavender
PARTY DETAILS as told by Andrea…
I was asked to plan a 21st birthday party for my boyfriend’s sister, Klarissa. We decided to throw her a beautiful birthday celebration that she and her close friends could enjoy in her very own backyard. Luckily, she had the perfect backyard to set the scene with lots of greenery, a tall plant wall, and a pergola. I decided to take inspiration from one of Klarissa’s favorite Disney movies, Tangled. Most of the parties that I saw on Pinterest were very kiddie looking (not suiting at all for a 21-year-old), so I decided take elements from the movie and added some twists. Instead of doing a bold purple and yellow, I went with a more muted color palette: grey, light browns, light yellows, and lots and lots of lavender. We added string lights, various rustic elements, and of course lanterns to create a calm and relaxing ambiance for Klarissa and her friends.
– Photography and Event Design: The Beautydojo
Cake Design: Lina Tan
Graphics: Yully Ana