I can’t wait for you to *SEA* this party! Nancy Pfeifer of A to Zebra Celebrations designed a Sparkly Under the Sea Mermaid Birthday Party that is probably one of the cutest/happiest celebrations imaginable!
This party is swimming in creative work from talented vendors, like the incredible mermaid piñata from Etsy shop Party House Supplies and those beautiful & stylish mermaid crowns from Scarlet Harlow. (Plus, I’m smitten with how the crowns are displayed in embellished berry baskets!). But honestly, my favorite thing about this party is how HAPPY Hannah and all her friends look… those smiles and intent faces on the party activities are the real reason we love all this stuff. Am I right, or am I right?
P.S. I love how Nancy shared the details of involving her daughter in the planning process for the first time and how to please your “not so little girl” and yourself simultaneously. I loved reading about that experience (in the party details, below), as I’m sure you will too. :)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Mermaid inspired tutus, necklaces, personalized tanks, & flower-topped sandals
– Rhinestone bedecked party forks & table runner + glittered starfish table accents
– Incredible papercraft mermaid and seahorse cupcake toppers from Erica’s Crafties
– “Mermaid Kisses and Starfish Wishes” party sign embellished with shells and rope
– White chocolate shells, shark gummies, goldfish crackers and “pearl” jelly beans
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Nancy…
My not so little girl turned 8 and she is quite obsessed with Mermaids these days. She loves the Little Mermaid movie, however she wanted a sparkly mermaid for her party and with brown hair she said! :) As I am always up to the challenge, I quickly started brainstorming ideas and getting Kara from Lillian Hope Designs to bring my vision to reality.
My daughter Hannah was super involved in this party and she picked out her colors, cake, outfit and most of the details throughout the party. It was so fun to have her be part of the planning process. This is something I’ve not done in the past and it is bittersweet because I know she’s growing up. I don’t get to make all the decisions anymore. I let her be in control of some things and she loved it! The party is about her and for her so I had to let go of a lot! My OCD kicked in at times, but we managed to pull off a great party considering the unpredictable windy day we had. It seems something always goes wrong at parties, right?
I loved crafting a few things for her party like the letter H and number 8. I used large sequins in aqua color. It was super easy and looked super cute! I made her purple table runners, jazzed up her forks with rhinestones, the centerpieces in the mason jars, the glass centerpieces with pink sand, and the wrapped cans with rope and teal cord.
The party was a huge success and super special for Hannah. She loved having her friends all dressed up in cute pettiskirts and customized tank tops from Great Stitch! The girls had a blast jumping in the pool afterward. I felt so lucky when I found mermaid towels at HomeGoods the night before the party! This was a very last minute detail I decided to include and the girls loved taking a towel home.
As I always say after each party, it was all worth it! My daughter’s smile and memories created are truly priceless!
VENDOR CREDITS & RESOURCES:
– Styling/Design: A to Zebra Celebrations
– Photography: Tikkido
– Invitation/Printables: Lillian Hope Designs
– Custom tanks tops: Great Stitch
– Pettiskirts and tutu: Keepsake Konnections
– Mermaid crowns: Scarlet Harlow
– Necklaces: Petite Chic Accessorie
– Balloons and berry baskets: Celebration Lane
– Pom pom garland and cupcake wrappers: Petite Party Studio
– Hannah’s Magical Mermaid Sweets sign: Paper and Pop
– Fabric garland: Lilly Paul Designs
– Mermaid cupcake toppers: Erica’s Crafties
– Cake: Gigi’s Cupcakes
– Cake pops: Bella’s Bakery and Bowtique
– Pretzels and seashells chocolate: Inspired Sugar Cakes
– Cookies: Sugar Coma Cookies
– Mason jars: Just Add Glitter By Marla
– Jelly beans: Jelly Belly
– Gummy sharks and salt water taffy: Sweeties Candy
– Sixlets: Sweet Works
– Happy Birthday Hannah Mermaid banner: Party and Home Design
– Mermaid Pinata: Party House Supplies
– Mermaid hair clips: Twirly Skirt Design
– Mermaid chap sticks: Nana’s Party Palace
– Mermaid party wands: Pretti Mini
– Mermaid towels: Home Goods
– Pink and purple buckets: Dollar Tree
– Bubbles and white bags: Michaels