I think I might have gone belly up and landed in heaven! Isa Camara of Royal Cherry Creations styled this
Under the Sea First Birthday Party with purples and blues, sparkling fishies & the cutest little Queen of the sea! I am loving all of the glamorous details, like that super well-done glittering fish scale backdrop, as well as the thoughtful touches, like those hand-painted signs. If you’re looking for more under the sea inspiration, check out these other fabulous parties here (you might also find some great ideas in these mermaid parties here)!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Pearl-filled clamshell cookies, chocolate seashells & seahorse pops + ombre macarons
- Hanging beaded blow-up fish & Chinese lantern jellyfish with ribbon ‘tentacles’
- Blue & purple paper scales backdrop + glittered fish & floral ‘coral reef’ centerpieces
- Under the sea animal decorated birthday crown + a starfish topped sea pebble & fish scales cake
- Fishing net & seashell decorated ‘Gaby’ letters + glittered sea animal adorned favor bags
PARTY DETAILS as told by Isa…
In my family, we all love the beach, so I thought it would be great to have an “Under the
Sea” themed party to celebrate my youngest daughter Gabriella’s first birthday. I chose the color palette inspired on the sea — different shades of teal, aqua and blue with a touch of gold and purple to contrast.
I like to gather ideas from different places such as Hostess with the Mostess and switch them and personalized them according to our party theme.
I had so much fun creating every single detail, but my favorite were the hanging fishes made of inflatable beach balls and the jellyfish made of Chinese paper lanterns and ribbon.
The guest tables centerpieces were a major element in giving the party that ‘under the sea’ feeling. The fish were made of glitter card stock and tulle. I wanted them to look like they were swimming around corals and I was able to accomplish that with the
I also ended up doing the seashell chocolates, clam bites and seahorse cookies with the help of my kids. It was super easy and so much fun.
- Party Styling & Planning: Royal Cherry Creations
- Photography: Provoke Photography and Isa Camara Photography
- Cake & Cakepops: Sherrea’s Chocolate Cottage Bakery
- Macarons: Confections of a Mac-aholic
- Party Supplies: Party City
- Birthday Girl Under the Sea Crown: Tini Tiny Shop
- Table Centerpieces, Chocolates & Cookies: Royal Cherry Creations