If there was a visual definition for “gorgeous bridal shower”, I’m pretty sure this LOVE-ly Tea Party themed celebration would be it!
Styled by the talented ladies of Events in the City and featuring tons of DIY details by the mother of the bride (Lyn), there are seriously SO many lovely details to soak in here… it was all I could do to keep this post from being a mile long! I might be pushing that here anyways, but it’s all fabulous eye candy, so I figure it’s worth the “trip”. ;)
As lovely as all these party details may be, the sweet thank you message that the bride has for her mom is even lovelier. You’ll find it towards the bottom of this post, in the “Party Details” section below the images. (Lyn, if you’re reading this – better get a tissue ready first!) As a mom of 2 girls myself, I sure hope they feel the same way about me when they grow up… which is still quite a long ways off, but as we all know, it’s crazy how time flies! And now back to the pretty party details…
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Lacy umbrellas & colorful heart garlands “showering” a beautiful brunch table below
– Straws with gold glittered hearts + gold “Love” signs hanging on the back of each chair
– The cutest little tea pot cake pops + shortbread cookies with personalized “tea tags”
– Pastel colored tulle dessert table skirt + pastel tissue tassels on the welcome sign
– Stunning vintage garden inspired florals and lacy details carried throughout!
PARTY DETAILS as told by Laura…
Our clients have us planning their daughter’s unbelievable wedding for this December and we were honored to be a part of overseeing the bride’s shower as well! The mother of the bride, Lyn Ferriero, handled all of the DIY herself. The bride-to-be, Gina, was so flattered that her mom went to all of that trouble that she wanted to use this opportunity to thank her for all of her hard work.
From the bride to her mom:
“How can I possibly begin to show my mom how grateful I am for everything she has done for me? She was my first friend before I even knew how much I would cherish friendship. She protected me from the sun with sunscreen; scrapes and bruises from rollerblading with knee and elbow pads (terrible look); the digital takeover by limiting my AOL time to 30 minutes a day and countless teenage meltdowns with words of encouragement and allowing me my space. She has tirelessly tried to teach me how to cook and to have water after every drink to avoid debilitating hangovers (still a work in progress). She kept me grounded by making me pay for my speeding tickets and lawyers and pampered me with folded laundry. She has taught me how to be selfless and compassionate and that good things come to those who work hard. I have grown to watch and admire her and I strive to be half the woman she is.
Thank you for giving me to the “count of three” and teaching me to cherish moments with family because “the dishes can wait.” Everything I am is a reflection of your love and guidance. So this is my attempt to Thank-you Mama Bear, for being the AMAZING woman you are and showering me with love today and everyday. Every detail was so personal and more beautiful than I could have ever imagined! LOVE, G.”
– All DIY, Candy Station, Favors, Decor: Mother of the Bride, Lyn Ferrerio
– Photography: Genevieve Leiper Photography
– Event Coordination & oversight of Design: Events In The City
– Catering, Linens, Chairs, China: Design Cuisine
– Invitations, Menus, Custom Signage: Paperzest