Kenna O’Brien of Miss Party Mom Event Planning is known around here for adding her own flair to party themes, so it’s no surprise that she made this Animal Lover’s Whimsical Woodland Birthday Party untraditionally colorful, with bright patterns & tons of cute decor! Combined with the standard wooden elements, toadstools & of course adorable forest critters, I am loving the overall effect this party has — so unexpected but right on point! I’m sensing a new trend in the world of woodland ;).
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Critter Snacks table + a mini tree tablescape centerpiece with woodland animal ornaments
- Deer topped cake with fake flowers & leaves on a wooden stump, surrounded by a twig wreath
- Mini fabric buntings, a patchwork animal birthday dress & felt animal ears & masks
- Toadstool & deer topped cupcakes, chocolate owl pops & rainbow sprinkle decorated hedgehog cookies
- Homemade trail mix in mason jars + colorfully painted animal figurine party favors
PARTY DETAILS as told by Kenna…
I recently threw this Woodland Party theme for my forest animal loving 3 year old daughter in our backyard in Santa Barbara. We invited all of her critter friends and they had a great day celebrating in our “whimsical woodland forest!”
Elena of World Wide Party helped me bring the graphics to life by hand drawing the forest critters and flower wreaths, which she featured on everything from the invite, banners, thank you tags and more. I was so happy with her design — it fit my vision perfectly!
The party favors were some of my favorites that I’ve created yet. Each child got to choose a handmade felt critter ears or a felt crown & they looked adorable running around in their custom headpieces! Another favorite were the mini spray painted woodland animals — each was set on top of a mini wooden stump, and then placed inside a clear plastic “souvenir” box. As a take home for the parents we had “Birdie’s Homemade Trail Mix” which I put inside mason jars and topped with different colorful fabrics.
I set up a woodland-esque food table for the kids, which was draped with a vintage daisy afghan and included a center piece fawn and wood stumps for the kids to sit on.
My friend Shauna from Poor Pitiful Pearl custom made patchwork dresses for Birdie and I to wear. I was so happy with the vintage vibe they had I decided to add a lot of my vintage home decor to the party to compliment our dresses!
This was one of my favorite parties yet. I truly enjoyed working on every little detail!
- Party Stylist: Miss Party Mom Event Planning
- Photographer: Nicole Williams Photography
- Graphics/Printables: World Wide Party by Elena
- Cake & Cupcakes: Tori Shyrock
- Felt Deer Cake Topper: Lovely Friend
- Pink Roses on Cake: Sweet Estelle’s Baking Shop
- Cookies: Hannah’s Cookies and Treats
- Birdie’s Dress: Poor Pitiful Pearl
- Matching Boys Critter Tees: Gnome Enterprises
- Felt Fox Mask: Opposite of Far
- Tassel Garland: Studio Mucci
- TeePee: Land of Nod