I always love seeing occasion showers with a seasonal twist, and this baby shower is a perfect example! Katie Farmer of Celebration Lane drew inspiration from fall colors, flavors, and textures to create a Rustic Little Pumpkin Baby Shower theme with just the right mix of sweetness and vintage charm. And as impressive as the styling and all these pretty treats may be (I mean, the fondant toppers actually have burlap and lace textures!), my favorite detail has to be the adorable Big Sis! ;)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Simple naked cake with mini burlap & lace bunting + cute baby-sized pumpkin naked cakes
- Fall-inspired rag tie fabric garland + bright orange mason jars wrapped in lace
- Mini pumpkin donuts displayed on a bed of crushed Oreo “dirt”
- Incredibly detailed lacy fondant toppers and lace-adorned onsie sugar cookies
- Handmade paper pumpkins filled with treats (DIY tutorial coming soon)
PARTY DETAILS as told by Katie…
A Rustic Pumpkin Patch is the perfect way to celebrate Fall and a new Little Pumpkin on the way. Bright orange, browns, mint green, with touches of lace, wood, and burlap create a beautiful gender neutral color palate.
Paper printables were created with a rustic feel including dark wood, burlap and lace. A “Pumpkin Patch” entrance sign was created, and both the sign and a wood crate were stained dark to match the paper printable set. The wood crate housed sweet CandyBobs tied with burlap which were displayed on a bale of hay.
The center of the table displayed a simple naked cake with adorable burlap and lace baby bunting. A tiny fondant pumpkin was placed on top to symbolize the little pumpkin on the way. Other sweets included mini pumpkin naked cakes, chocolate covered Oreos with fondant toppers, and mini pumpkin donuts laying on a bed of crushed Oreos to resemble dirt.
A galvanized 3-tier stand displayed the cutest handmade paper pumpkins and mini cupcakes with pumpkin and onesie fondant toppers on top. On the bottom tier were gorgeous pumpkin and lace onesie cookies that were given a rustic look to fit the theme.
Custom orange and lace mason jars were used to display straws for drinks and wrapped cutlery. Berry baskets and lace votives were used to add extra cuteness to the table, along with a beautiful fabric garland that was used on the sweets table and gift table. The table backdrop was created with strips of burlap and lace, a matching baby banner, and orange paper lanterns to resemble pumpkins.
Pumpkins are abundant in this pumpkin patch, and Big Sister is excited to welcome a new baby sister with a table set up of personalized gifts!
- Styling: Katie Farmer of Celebration Lane
- Printables and Party Supplies: Celebration Lane
- Photography: Ann Remotigue Photography
- Embroidered Shirts, Burp Cloth Set and Chevron Tote: GreatStitch
- Burlap Favor Bags and Lace Votives: Kate Aspen
- Pumpkin CandyBobs: Sweet From Heaven
- Cookies: Creating Awesomenessity
- Fondant Toppers: Kima’s Konfections
- Mini Pumpkin Donuts: Autumn Lynn’s Chocolate Sins
- Cake Bunting: Pink Poppy Party Shoppe
- Fabric Garland: Tutus & Bowties Events
- Custom Mason Jars: Always The Occasion
- Paper Pumpkins: Fancy & Fold