As a newly inducted Cub Scout, Jeremiah wanted to share his new love for the outdoors with all of his friends for his 8th birthday. So mom, aka Kameela Lewis of Tutus & Bowties Events, stepped up and created this “Happy Trails” Rustic Campfire Birthday Party! Kameela not only killed it with the styling, but she also learned how to sew just for the occasion AND made sure the kids had plenty to do! Despite some unexpected rain, they managed to keep the campfire going, so to speak ;).
P.S. Make sure to scroll to the very bottom of this post, where Kameela has generously shared some free printables!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Tent & canoe topped birthday cake with fondant s’more roasting over a fire + a forest of cake pops
– Hand sewed tee-pee & custom pillow, DIY tree & arrow paper garlands + burlap rag-tie bunting
– DIY bottle cap checkers game, wooden canoe painting, & a nature Bingo scavenger hunt
– S’mores jars with Honey Nut Cheerios, M&Ms, & mini marshmallows + S’mores kits
– ‘Happy Trails’ flashlights, custom bookmarks (download here) & backpack party favors
PARTY DETAILS as told by Kameela…
This year my son Jeremiah joined the Cub Scouts at school and learned a great deal about outdoor sports. We were faced with a hard decision between a camping or fishing theme.
Special Details: I did a lot of DIY projects to enhance my son’s party including a burlap door wreath, painted cabin, die cut tree and arrow garlands. I even learned to sew and made a set of runners, a custom tent and pillows to match.
Printables: I partnered with my printable partner in crime to design the perfect set of printables. I love the custom event signs, station signs, lunch box labels, water labels, thank you tags, etc. My son loves to read, so I thought it would be great to send the kiddos home with a camp themed bookmark for summer reading. These are available for free download on my site here.
I partnered up with my favorite party gals to add in a few special baked goods including a forest of cake pops, camp themed cookies and cupcakes. I also had a rustic fabric garland and matching set of embroidered tshirts for my family of 4.
Despite the rain ruining my campsite right before the party. I managed to dry my linen and reset right before the guests arrived.
Activities: I love designing activities to compliment the event theme. My son and I enjoy playing checkers together so that was a definite must. I also created a craft station where the kids painted canoes and a s’mores bar equipped with individual favor kits. I put a twist on the traditional scavenger hunt game with a fun game of Trail Bingo. This game was super competitive… I paired the kids off with their parents to scout the neighborhood in search of their list of nature themed items. I topped it off with a custom archery board and set of checker boards… there was even a showdown between one of Jeremiah’s friends and her grandmother!
The tent and pillows served as a nice photobooth prop. Jeremiah and his friends had a blast. Jeremiah took photos with each of his friends and a copy will be shared in the Thank you Card.
Favors: Drawstring Backpacks, Flashlights, Bookmarks
Stations: Archery, S’mores Bar, Checkers, Craft Station, Parent’s Corner, and Photobooth
– Styling, Custom Tent, Pillows, Tree & Arrow Garlands: Tutus & Bowties Events
– Printables: Printed Ink
– Cake Pops: The New York Cakepopery Inc
– Custom Cookies: Cara Bella Creations by Shauna
– Chocolate Favors: Sweet Sunshine Treats
– Fabric Garland: Lillypaul Designs
– Custom Embroidery: GreatStitch
– Cupcake Toppers: Kima’s Konfections
– Photography: Fitzsimmons Photography