Purple was my absolute favorite color growing up, I lived in a sponge painted purple room for way too long. So it’s a pretty safe bet to say that if Sofia the First had been around when I was a kid, I would have been just as smitten as so many little girls out there today! When one of those little girls’ birthday rolled around this year, mom, aka Emily Klaparda, knew just what to do! This Royal Purple Sofia the First Birthday Party has everything a Sofia fan could dream of — from a beautifully regal tablescape, to an outdoor castle fit for a queen!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Paper candelabra & castle decorated mantle + castle & Sofia the First wall decals
– Castle shaped pb&j sandwiches + star shaped fruit & grape skewer wands + purple cauliflower crudité
– Tiara topped Sofia the First inspired birthday cake + glittery tiara printable accents
– Swagged satin tablecloth secured by rose bouquets & 3D purple paper castle centerpieces
– Brunch & boozy drinks for the adults + royal art studio crafts & happily ever after party favors
PARTY DETAILS as told by Emily…
Liesl loves Sofia, as do most 4 year old girls, so she asked me to have a “Sofia” party. I’m not really into the commercial aspect of this type of theme party, so I used just a few licensed “Sofia” items, and did the rest in my own version of Sofia! A design motif that I used throughout the party is the 4-part circular pattern on Sofia’s ball gown. I used this design element throughout the party — on the cake, flower vases, invitations, and chair sashes.
I loved Liesl’s Sofia inspired apron! It was perfect for the party, and I loved the high quality materials that were used to make it. I also loved the glittered mason jars with the same Sofia design. And of course, the cake! It was a labor of love, and took about 8 hours for me to decorate it, but I was happy with it in the end.
Shop early! The $1 bins at Michael’s and Target can be your best friends! I snagged all the mini frames for the food place cards for super cheap, then spray painted them white! And if you see something you like and it doesn’t match your party theme — buy it anyway! Anything can be spray painted to match!!
– Cake & Fondant Shell: Duff’s Cake Mix
– Sofia Tiara Topper: LuluCupcake
– Cookie cutter for Sofia’s Dress Design: JB Cookie Cutters
– All Other Fondant Decorations: Emily Klaparda
– Table Linens, Chair Sashes & Rosettes: Efavormart.com
– Crepe Embellishments: Lucky Girl Goods
– Decorated Princess Cookies: Flourish Cakes
– French Macarons: Gelsons Supermarket
– Dessert Table Backdrop: PrettiMini
– Birthday Girl’s Sofia Dress: Ross and Rosie Designs
– Paper Castles Hanging on Chandelier: Monarch Paper Creations
– Tiara Topped Toothpicks: Hues Studio
– Purple Princess Dress Food Toppers: JK Designs
– Birthday Banner: Paper Dream Creations
– Sofia-design Mason Jar Vases: Firefly Atelier
– Glitter Princess Crown Banners: Postscripts
–Goodie Bag Embellishments: The Wrap Up
– Buffet table castle centerpieces: Bits of Plaid n Paisley
– Invitations: Emily Klaparda
– Invite’s Tiara Embellishments: Hues Studio
– Floral centerpieces, Party Signage, Plates & Paper Goods: Custom Designed by Emily Klaparda
– Foam Lavender Tiaras & Gold Paper Crowns: Oriental Trading
– Cardboard Castle: Neat Oh!