It’s no secret that cats are a bit of an internet sensation, so when Jessica Billings of Party Pants LLC sent us this Preppy Kitty Birthday Party that she created for her daughter, I knew it would be a hit! After all, how could anyone resist (human-approved) meow-themed treats & a stuffed animal cat adoption? Everything is beyond adorable, especially the Best in Show Cat Competition they held, which featured their own fluffy contestant! Spolier alert: he wins! :)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Mouse tail candy chews, ‘balls of yarn’ rice krispie treats & kitty whisker pretzel sticks
– VIP cat show tickets & striped pink & blue printables + a custom sewn dessert table drop
– Fondant kitty & yarn ball topped cupcakes, meow mix chex & miniature yarn mice throughout the desserts
PARTY DETAILS as told by Jessica…
My daughter, Charlie, is madly in love with her new kitten and it was obvious that this year’s theme would be based around kittens. I decided to keep the color palette simple yet bold, so I chose light pink and navy blue.
Because this was a real party with a ton of small kids, I kept the dessert table simple and set up a few stations to keep the kids busy. I took two enlarged photos of my daughter with Kitty ears and whiskers and used those as the backdrop. I surrounded the pictures with handmade garlands and banners.
The felt table drop was definitely the focal point of the dessert table. The design matched the printables perfectly! I used a very simple cake and decorated it with shimmery pink gumballs. The cupcakes had a mix of pink gumball toppers to match the cake, as well as fondant balls of yarn and kitty toppers. The rest of the treats were kitty themed. There were cheese and crackers labeled “mouse bait,” chex mix labeled “meow mix” and pretzel sticks labeled “kitty whiskers.”
After filling up on kitty treats, the kids went outside to visit the “adoption center” where they hand picked kittens of their choice, filled out adoption certificates and assembled portable kitty condos to take them home in. Once the kittens were decked out with their rhinestone studded collars, the kids grabbed a ticket to the cat show where they were able to show off their blue ribbon kitties. We were even able to coax our real kitten to the cat show with some special cat treats! The kids had a blast and Charlie is still asking when her next kitty party is!
– Styling & Concept: Party Pants, LLC
– Photography: MJL photography and films
– Printables, Adoption Certificate & Tickets: The Homespun Hostess
– Handmade felt table drop: Linckids
– Custom gable boxes, cups, forks and fry boxes: When I Was Your Age
– Fondant toppers: Kima’s Konfections