Tonya Coleman here from Soireé Event Design, and I’m back with the “Trend Alert” where I share with you some of the hottest trends in party planning! Today’s guest post is all about the hot new trend — Mermaid Parties! My daughters are heavy into mermaids right now. Riley takes her Barbie Mermaids into the bath with her almost every night, watches the Barbie Pearl Princess DVD almost every day and my older daughter Faith won’t swim without her Fin Fun Mermaid Tail, so when they decided on a Mermaid themed party this summer, I wasn’t surprised. Taking inspiration from the Barbie Pearl Princess dolls and the Mermaid Tails, check out my ideas for our Sparkle Mermaid Party!
Plus, be sure to scroll down to the end of this post to find out how you can ENTER TO WIN your own Mermaid Tail!
Mermaid Party Dress Up & Photo Booth!
To create this booth, I hung a turquoise sequin linen as a backdrop to resemble sparkly water and laid out a furry blue throw blanket to complete the look. Have a few props on hand to get that perfect shot like a Barbie mermaid doll, starfish, pearl balls and forks (a.k.a. dinglehopper). Setup a Dress Up Favor Table close by and fill it with dress up items for each guest that they can take home, like these personalized hand mirrors from Princess Mirrors that come with each guest’s name on them, tulle wands from Titi’s Tutus and pearlized gumball necklaces from Autumn Lynn’s Chocolate Sins!
Mermaid Party Dessert Table!
I designed a mermaid themed sweets table with shades of blue, mint green and white. I added in lots of sparkle with sequins, glitter and rhinestone accents. How fabulous are those 3 rhinestone candle holders from Koyal Wholesale that look like giant bling bubbles and the two mini faux cakes and fondant mermaid tails by Fancy Cakes are just gorgeous! The Barbie Pearl Princess Dolls added a pop of color that was perfect against the custom water vinyl backdrop from Bubblegum Backdrops. Designer mermaid themed sweets included iced mermaid tail cookies by Creating Awesomenessity, ruffled cake pops and starfish iced cookies by Petit Plaisir Chocolata Treats, glittered cake pops and chocolate sea horse lollipops by Autumn Lynn’s Chocolate Sins and candy kabobs by Sweets Indeed. Next, I filled in the table with blue and white swirl lollipops, gummy rings and pufflettes from Sweet City Candy.
Give your daughter the ultimate Mermaid gift! Head on over to Soiree Event Design to enter to win your very own Mermaiden tail swim suit set in your choice of color!
– Styling & photography: Soiree Event Design
– Mermaidens Mermaid Tails: Fin Fun Mermaid
– Pearl Princess Barbie Dolls: Mattel
– All candy: Sweet City Candy
– Mermaid tail cakes and fondant toppers: Fancy Cakes
– Ruffled cake pops and iced starfish cookies: Petits Plaisirs Chocolata Treats
– Glittered cake pops, chocolate oreos, chocolate seahorse lollipops, chocolate starfish and mermaids and bubblegum necklaces: Autumn Lynn’s Chocolate Sins
– Apothecary jars, laser cut white cupcake liners, white rhinestone cake stands, pearl vase filler and starfish: Koyal Wholesale
– Glitter blue cupcake wrappers: Dress My Cupcake
– Turquoise rhinestone candy scoops and tongs: Talia’s Creative Printing
– Sparkle twist sticks: Made By A Princess
– Mermaid tail cookies: Creating Awesomenessity
– Ruffled table runner: Cupcake With Character
– Fondant Letter H cake topper: Edible Details
– Mint green sequin table linen: Candy Crush Events
– Water vinyl backdrop: Bubblegum Backdrops
– Candy kabobs: Sweets Indeed
– Tulle Wands: Titi’s Tutus