For a fun & youthful Parisian party, Valerie Gimre of Charming Touch Parties combined French inspired sweets & decor with the birthday girl’s favorite pup to create a Scottie Dog in Paris Birthday Party that was anything but stuffy. I love how the mix of the classic Parisian party details like damask patterns and Eiffel Towers and adorable Scottie dogs created a perfectly tailored theme for the birthday girl. Just think of all of the fun twists you could add to a Parisian party! Ooh la la!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Purple chocolate Eiffel Tower pops + an Eiffel Tower & Scottie dog topped pink birthday cake
- Ooh La La Lemonade table with a pink & purple paper pinwheel backdrop
- Eiffel Tower decorating activity & a Pin the Scottie dog on the Eiffel Tower game with custom face masks
- Scottie dog silhouette toppers on candy cups & rose arrangements & Scottie dog purse party favors
PARTY DETAILS as told by Valerie…
What little girl doesn’t love France? It screams fancy and plays up on every girl’s dream of fashion, dress up and romance. Our birthday girl has an affinity for all things French inspired, but also equally adores Scottie Dogs. The family pet is a Scottie and she just adores them. So, for her 7th birthday, we chose to bring together a party that combined her two loves. From there, “Scottie Dog in Paris” was created.
We enlisted our good friend and super talented graphic designer, Beth Kruse Custom Creations, to create graphics and printables that spoke to both Scottish roots, while still maintaining French influence. Our chosen pink and purple hues were bright and varied for a fun, not-to-serious vibe, as we still wanted this party to be youthful, sweet and FUN!
Our dessert table mixed patterns and fabrics for a full, robust visual effect. Paper rosettes filled the backdrop and sweet purple frames with Scottie Dog images reinforced our party’s theme. Wendy at Bake It! made some custom lavender chocolate lollipops and a beautiful cake with sweet ribbon detailing. Maria at Love & Sugar Kisses made the sweetest custom cake topper. Simple lemon cookies with fresh pink roses provided an easy and oh so French effect.
For games, our good friend Shawna Brockmeier created the sweetest custom “Pin The Scottie Dog” game for us. Such a fun game for this age.
For a craft, we also created “Eiffel Tower bling boards” by die-cutting Eiffel Towers and adhering them to hard chip board. We embellished them a bit and gave each girl rhinestones to decorate. That was a fun and relatively simple craft.
Seven is such a fun age — a kind of entrance into the big kid years. Our precious theme combined some big girl French allure while still staying sweet and youthful with our Scottie influences.
We adored styling this party!
- Event Planning & Styling: Charming Touch Parties
- Photography: Jennifer Kaye Photography
- Graphics & Printables: Beth Kruse Custom Creations
- Cake & Eiffel Tower Lollipops: Bake It!
- Fondant Cake Topper: Love & Sugar Kisses
- Pin The Scottie Dog on The Eiffel Tower: Shawna Brockmeier Styled Events
- Party Straws & Cups: The Pretty Party Shoppe
- Birthday Girl’s Tutu & Headband: Kutiebowtuties
- Scottie Dog T-Shirt: Vintage BeBe Props
- Birthday Girl’s Necklace: Buttercup Bling