Guess what… a party craft doesn’t have to be complicated to be great! These Glittered Wooden Utensils are super simple and one of my favorite quick & easy ways to add sparkle to any table – from kids table place settings to grown up appetizer and dessert buffets. And while we all know that glitter has a tendency to kind of get on everything, this particular little project is much less messier than you might expect – with a little help from a handy thing called glitter tape! (P.S. Glitter tape comes in all sorts of colors too!)
This is a very straightforward project, but I know that sometimes a quick glance at a visual graphic of the steps can still be helpful, so here ya go:
DIY TUTORIAL: GLITTERED UTENSILS
• 6.5″ wooden utensils
• gold glitter tape
• ball point pen
1. Cut glitter tape the approximate length of your utensil handle.
2. Trace the rounded end of the utensil with a pen.
3. Cut along your trace line. (I like to cut at an angle, but straight-across works too!)
4. Cut the top edge of the tape at an angle for added style.
5. Remove the adhesive backing and stick the glitter tape to the handle.
6. Run your fingers along the edges to fold & secure excess tape over the edges of the utensil.
Have fun with these! You can also see them in use on the kids table settings at our recent Royal First Birthday Bash.