This delightful birthday party is one in a Minion (just couldn’t resist)! ;) Betty Lang of Vanda Events styled this adorable Despicable Me Themed Minion Birthday Party for a little guy who’s a huge fan of the movies. It’s pretty hard to make those little nonsense-talking Minions any cuter, but I think fashioning them out of Twinkies takes the cake — pun intended!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Custom Despicable Me printables with party hat wearing characters + Despicable Me photo booth cut outs
– Chocolate & strawberry shortcake layered cake shooters & Minion eye topped chocolate cupcakes
– Polka dotted cake with Despicable Me characters & Minion toppers + Minion balloons & cups
– Minion cake pops & Twinkies with Reese’s feet + flat Minion topped cupcakes
PARTY DETAILS as told by Betty…
This year I had the pleasure of planning a “Despicable Me” themed birthday party for my client Ana’s son. It was her son Jacob’s favorite movie at the moment so of course we had to go with that theme. I was so excited when she asked me to help her with this party since I had all these ideas in my head.
My sister is a graphic designer so of course I had to have her do all of the graphics for this party. She designed the banner for the dessert table and all the food tags. I printed the banner at the local sign shop, ASAP Sign & Trophy. I decided to use my friend Annie of Sweets by Annie since I know she can make the adorable minions out of Twinkies. All of the desserts were made by Annie except for the smash cake. My client Ana ordered it from the local bakery, Final Touch. We ordered all of the Despicable Me decorations from Party City and the rest were provided by my client and myself. Everyone had such a great time and the dessert table was a hit amongst kids and adults.
– Event Styling: Vanda Events
– Food: Maui Hawaiian BBQ, Tacos El Mexicano
– Desserts: Sweets by Annie
– Cake: Final Touch
– Decorations & Favors: Party City
– Photographer: Orn Thang Photography
– Print: ASAP Sign & Trophy