Snow White has been a HUGE trend lately! I love how each of the parties we’ve seen have all been so different from one another — each stylist truly puts their own spin on the classic tale. Shauna Krantz of Cupcake With Character decided to focus on the Woodland aspect of Snow White’s home when creating this Fairytale Snow White Birthday Party for her daughter. With sweet forest details like moss and pinecones and princess-approved desserts, this party is exactly what this little birthday girl was wishing for!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Woodland cake with Snow White, her forest friends & a Wishing Well + Woodland animal party favor cups
- Custom watercolor silhouette of the birthday girl + a customized ‘Who’s the fairest…’ magic mirror
- Glittered candy apples & apple cookies + chocolate Oreo apples & apple topped magic mirror cookie stacks
- Laser-cut wooden 7 dwarfs’ name signs + wooden plank dessert trays
- Toadstool cake pops & a toadstool banner + DIY fabric buntings & mini Pine trees
PARTY DETAILS as told by Shauna…
For my daughter Ella’s 5th birthday party, she wanted a Snow White inspired party. I wanted to style a party that was different than all the Snow White parties out there. I decided to focus on the woodland aspect of the movie and use red with navy blue as the main colors.
For the backdrop, I used burlap, twine, clothespins and my fabric bunting. Easy for anyone to recreate. I made a red ruffled table cloth to make the dessert table “pop” with color. I bought slabs of wood at Michaels and Joann Fabric for the cookie desserts and cupcakes.
Simply Bashing hand-made the red and navy glittered dessert stands for the apples and cake. So beautiful! I used faux trees, decorative birds and butterflies I bought at Michaels to give the table a more realistic woodland feel. I incorporated moss throughout the table as well.
One of my favorite parts of the dessert table were the cake pops by Autumn of Autumn Lynn’s Chocolate Sins! I used a foam block in a mini wood crate that I painted gold. I then covered the foam with moss. Super easy to make and will hold your cake pops in a creative and fun way.
The cake, well it speaks for itself — AMAZING! Vista of Dolce Vista Cakes is an artist to say the least. Each detail of the cake fit the theme perfectly. The grass, trees, flowers, mushrooms, and especially each woodland animal she created by hand. The cake was a work of art and absolutely delicious!
All of the desserts, favor cups, beautiful banners and invitation, felt toadstool garland, baking cups, paper straws, stands, vinyl decals for push pops and more, played such an important role in making this a special 5th birthday party for Ella. Thank you!
- Party styling & idea conception, handmade ruffled table cloth, fabric bunting, gold & polka dot rag bunting & polka dot runner: Cupcake With Character
- Photography: Katie Moffitt
- Mini polka dot baking cups, paper favor bags, paper straws: The Pretty Party Shoppe
- Red glittered candy apples & toadstool cake pops: Autumn Lynn’s Chocolate Sins
- Water color silhouette of Ella: Sunny by Design
- Glittered apple sugar cookies & stacked golden mirror & apple cookies: Kima’s Konfections
- Apple Oreos: Sweet U Off Your Feet
- Snow White inspired tutu: Punk N Pie Couture
- Hair Bows: Tutus & Bowties
- Bling Sticks on candy apples: Painting Paris Pink
- Glittered apple & Snow white paper cupcake toppers: Made by a Princess
- Glittered royal icing apples & gold crowns: Cupcakes by Christy
- Mushroom Felt Garland: Fizzy Party
- Apple paper cutouts and vinyl for push pops: Print and Cut My Printables
- Party Printables (banners, signage, invitation, gift tags): From Me, With Love
- Woodland animal favor cups: I Have a Favor
- Striped Baking cups & milk bottles: Hoopla Events
- Glittered dessert stands in red & navy: Simply Bashing
- Apple & striped wooden utensils: Pretty My Party
- Wood photo props (seven dwarfs names): Ten 23 Designs
- Cake: Dolce Vista Cakes
- Fondant Cupcake Toppers: 4 Kids Cakes
- Glittered gold crown photo prop: Fancy and Fold