Pink and gold is one of our favorite color pairings here at HWTM. Add some sparkle, and you’ve hit the party palette trifecta! And that’s exactly what Amy Grout of SmashCake & Co. did when she styled up this beautiful Sparkly Pink & Gold Birthday Party for her darling daughter, Evie. With touches of ruffled frosting, edible glitter, and metallic gold dragees, each each dessert table treat seems to be more precious than the next… and almost too pretty to eat! Having adorable glittered heart milk bottles on hand to wash down the treats probably made the decision a little easier, though. ;)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Matte & metallic tissue tassel garland on the dessert table + matching garlands on the balloons & chairs
- Gold glitter cookie stacks with pink flower toppers + gold glitter striped macarons
- Darling ruffled fondant sugar cookies reminiscent of the birthday girl’s ruffled tutu skirt!
- Pink & gold tiered cake with ruffles, polka dots & a glittery heart topper
- Heart shaped white chocolate rice krispie pops + milk bottles adorned with gold glitter hearts
PARTY DETAILS as told by Amy…
Evie, the birthday girl, is the ultimate girly-girl. She loves pink, having her nails done, wearing a tutu whether we’re having a tea party or going to the grocery store, touching up her “make-up” (lip balm) a hundred times per day, and wearing high heels. So I wanted her party to be feminine, sparkly and PINK! During the party planning, I found myself gravitating toward polka hearts and hearts… 2 things that remind me of my little girl.
I gave Mica at The Confectioneress free reign to design the sweets, and she outdid herself with ruffled sugar cookies, macarons, cookie stacks, heart-shaped rice krispie treats, ruffled cupcakes and of course the lovely cake! I showcased all the treats on our classic milk glass cake stands and adorned them with gold ribbon.
Our friend Jeanine at Sweet Peas Cake Pops & Treats made pretty pink & white cake pops dusted with edible glitter. I whipped up some little cupcake toppers for simple white cupcakes I made in our pink & white striped baking cups. I used our Big Dots Party Paper in Pink Frosting for the table runner on both the dessert table and kid’s seating table. I also made a tassel garland for the dessert table and a smaller version to string across each of our little guest’s chairs. Our simple milk bottles were given a little glam by wrapping them in our Party Paper Ribbon and glueing a glittery heart on the front.
I picked up a pretty side table for our thank you gifts for the guests and also a charming vintage chair from Violet Vintage, a local furniture and prop rental shop. The thank you’s were pretty gift bags filled with trinkets and candy tubes with shimmery gumballs in coordinating party colors.
Every year we’ve had photos taken of Evie holding the number of balloons that equal her age. It will be so much fun one day to put a balloon-filled collage together of how she’s changed through the years!
Evie’s party had to be canceled twice… once due to the flu and the second due to a colossal snow storm. BUT the end result, filled with lots of pink and glittery gorgeousness, was well worth the wait!!!
- Production, Design, Styling & Party Supplies: SmashCake & Co.
- Photography: Becky Batchelor Photography
- Vintage Chair & Side Table: Violet Vintage
- Glittery #3: Letters from A to Z
- Cake, Ruffled Sugar Cookies, Macarons, Rice Krispie Treats, Ruffled Pink Cupcakes & Cookie Stacks: The Confectioneiress
- Cake Pops: Sweet Peas Cake Pops & Treats