Mirror Mirror on the wall, who’s the fairest of them all? Why, this Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs in Woodland Birthday Party of course! Amy Birlew from Dimply Sweet styled this gorgeous fairytale of a party, while Maria Healy of Maria Healey Photography did an amazing job capturing it all. I’m such a huge fan of the woodland party trend, and this combo of Disney Princess + rustic woodland feels especially magical… keep the toadstool cake pops coming! ;)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Dress up station with custom Snow White dress, red tutus, dwarf hats & beards + woodland creature masks
- Woodland tree & Snow White inspired cake topped with glittery red apples + shiny red ‘poison’ candy apples
- Rustic woodsy tablescape with toadstool centerpieces & spotted toadstool chairs + a moss table runner
- Glittery red bow topped cupcakes & tall glass cake stand pedestals + red bow topped yellow ruffle cake pops
- A Wishing Tree table with heart ornaments + Magic Mirror table with mini mirror party favors & mirror cookies
PARTY DETAILS as told by Amy…
Growing up, my favorite childhood movie was Snow White. The music, the innocence of the characters and the overall fairy-tale has always been my favorite even now as an adult. So it was no surprise that I would at some point style my little girl’s party with precisely this theme in mind. The only problem was, I didn’t have a little girl. So when I began to collect the pieces for this Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs in Woodland Party, I did it with that future little girl in mind.
It all started with the collection of an apple covered in glitter. It was around Christmas time so it was easy to find pieces with those rich red colors covered in red glitter. I thought how perfect this would be for my Snow White inspired design. A few years later, we were blessed with a baby girl and I finally had my excuse to throw the most stunning Snow White party! The goal was to make it as unique as possible. Considering that Snow White is such a popular and loved fairy tale, making it unique would be a challenge.
After watching the movie on repeat for quite a bit, it dawned on me, what if the 7 dwarfs were to have a fabulous party for Snow White… would they not hold it in the forest? So with that, the design idea was born and so was the theme “Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs in Woodland!”
Moss runners were used throughout this entire set up for that authentic nature look. To add the rustic feel of the woods, we used burlap as our table covers. We still wanted to ensure that our party was feminine and princess-like so we opted to use a mixture of silk royal blue ribbons and draped our table in tulle! What a stunning vision this gave our table!
For the set up, we used wood slices along with a beautifully hand crafted wood stand for our gorgeous sweets that we found at Postscripts. Cookies, cupcakes, cake pops, macarons and even our cake were all designed by a fabulous group of talented ladies who coordinated them all perfectly with our Princess in woodland feel. The end result was just stunning!
Our set up also included a dress up section where our little girl’s custom made Snow White dress, made by LoverDoversClothing, was the focal point. Tutus and hand held mirrors were also featured in this area and given to each little girl. For the boys, they had the choice of being a woodland character or one of the Seven Dwarfs for the day. We had some lovely hats provided by Little Bean Art and some adorable woodland creature felt masks provided by Mahalo.
For lunch, a personalized lunch box with a themed lunch was given to each child. Child size wooden tables with personalized seating was given to each little dwarf and woodland creature as well as each little princess.
For the games, we had a Woodland Scavenger Hunt designed to coordinate with the entire party. Each game was paired with a real wooden pencil found at The Papery Nook to give it that finishing detail!
The entire set up was like a dream and each detail was beautifully captured by our friend and photographer Maria from Maria Healey Photography. Although we have styled many events since then, the design that started with a little red glittery apple will hold a special place in our hearts for many years to come.
- Concept/Styling & Design: Amy Birlew, Dimply Sweet
- Photography: Maria Healey Photography
- Snow White Dress: LoverDoversClothing
- Seven Dwarfs’ Hats: Little Bean Art
- Woodland Creature Masks: Mahalo
- Burlap & Red Polka Dot Bunting: Custom Made Fabric Bunting by Pink Lemonade & Elephants
- Party Styling, Invitations & Printed Paper Decor: Dimply Sweet
- Wooden Cake Stands: Postscripts
- Cookies: NatSweets
- CakePops: Cake Poppin’
- Cupcakes: Von Bon Custom Cakes
- Cake: Roni Sugar Creations
- Macarons: Moochie Pops
- Wooden Pencils: The Papery Nook
- Burlap Bags: Flies in the Buttermilk