Get ready for some splashing good fun! Deana Brower of Sassy Soiree Event Planners styled this adorable Nautical Little Mermaid Birthday Party for her even more adorable daughter, Sophia. I am loving the nautical touches of this party, like the sea glass colored decor and sailor’s knotted rope — such a fun twist on an Under the Sea party to add shore-inspired elements! Plus, with a visit from Ariel herself, I don’t know a single little girl who wouldn’t want to be a part of this party world ;).
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Pink starfish cookies, sparkly green cake pops, clamshell cookies with candy pearls & pearl topped cupcakes
– Floating balloon ‘bubbles’ with rope wrapped blue glass orbs + sea foam green glass Fleur de lis bottle
– Ombre teal mermaid scale birthday cake with pink coral & a white sea flower topper
– Personalized shirts + Princess & Pirate tote bags for the guests + chocolate pizza decorating activity
PARTY DETAILS as told by Deana…
Sophia turned 4 this year and it was the first time we have thrown her a party. The theme was mermaid silhouette and the inspiration all began with the colors: teal, coral and gold and a birthday invite card stock. From there the imagination ran wild.
This mermaid birthday party was held at Got Candy in downtown Lakeland. We had them make individual chocolate pizzas for each child and gave them their own separate condiments to decorate with, including sprinkles, marshmallows, chocolate drizzle and Oreo toppings.
The most special party for me during this planning was the involvement from all of the different vendors I selected. I have been a party and wedding planner in the Lakeland area for 7 years, so these vendors are family. From two bakery vendors to the specialty embroidered and screen printed shirts to the coral and glittered tassels on the tables made by myself this was a collaborative and family effort.
What was truly important to me was that the kids had fun. I made all of their goody bags months in advance with pirates for the boys and mermaids for the girls. I wanted to make people feel taken care of and pampered with the experience.
The 2 best moments of this day was 1- when Sophia came running into my arms when she saw all the decorations prior to guests arriving to the party and 2- the look on her face when Ariel showed up to her party! Ariel sang, danced and read books, she even crafted with Sophia!
This was a day we will never forget!
– Photography: A New Creation, Jennifer Goodlet
– Venue: Got Candy
– Linens: Marilyn’s Linens & Weddings
– Balloons: Party People Celebrations
– Cake & Cupcakes: Anna Cakes
– Starfish Cookies, Cake Pops & Clam Cookies: A Sweet Event
– Embroidered Shirts & Birthday Girl’s Outfit: Baby Avenue
– Personalized Logo & Teal Screen Print Shirts: All Out Advertising
– Goodie Bags, Decor, Tassel Garland: Homemade
– Ribbon garland: Emily Greene
– Food: Palace Pizza
– Invitations: AnnouncingYou
– Ariel: Dreams Come True Entertainment
– Personalized Dinglehoper Necklace: SweetWhatevers