Here’s a crazy thought: the next time you go to take out the recycling, pause and think about how this “junk” could be the perfect decor for your next party! The extremely talented Lauren Haddox of Lauren Haddox Design took on that exact challenge when she created this Boy’s Trash Bash Birthday Party for her 4 year old boy, who loves garbage trucks! I am especially digging all of the trash inspired treats (how adorable are those garbage can cake pops?!) For more trashy party inspiration, go here, here and here.
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Gummy Earthworm chocolate cake mud cups + chocolate covered Oreos on a bed of crumbled candy dirt
– Waste water bottles & junk yard juice + Sewer Sweets like Junk Yard Jelly Bellys, Dorito debris & filthy fruit cups
– Garbage truck cake, garbage truck cookies + cookie decorating with green sprinkles & chocolate chip dirt
– Newspaper table skirt & backdrop + wrinkled kraft paper backdrop & pinwheels
– Trash can bean bag toss & tin can knock-over games + custom garbage truck coloring sheet
PARTY DETAILS as told by Lauren…
Are you ready to talk some trash??!!
I was ready to take on the challenge when my almost 4 year old was set on having a garbage truck party for his 4th birthday. We started saving up egg cartons, milk jugs and various size boxes for the party set up. The dessert table featured crumpled butcher paper and custom poster print. Newspaper rosettes were placed on either sides of the poser. My favorite aspect of the dessert table was the newspaper table skirt. Candy was served out of egg cartons and other disposables. The cookies were made by Kim from Silly Gilly. The cake was made by Monelle of Sweet Ideas. And the trash can cake pops and chocolate covered Oreos were from Bella’s Bakery. I was pretty much in shock when I got the trash can cake pops… how awesome are those??!! :)
We served up junk yard chicken nuggets, Dorito debris, filthy fruit and stinky fish for lunch. Along with sewer sippers, waste water and junk yard juice.
There were several activities set up for the kids… trash toss, knock over the cans, and build a trash tower.
Party day ended up being beautiful and the kids had an absolute blast. Lacey Rabalis took all the pictures and she did a fantastic job capturing my little man’s 4th birthday.