Every little girl deserves to feel like a celebrity on her birthday! Michelle Gainey of Lemiga Events styled this Sparkle & Glam Pop Star Birthday Party to make her daughter feel like just that! All of the little pop star party guests were treated to the A-list life, from manicures and photo shoots to jamming out on karaoke! Now that’s what I call a poppin‘ party! ;)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Step & repeat photo entrance + a ‘recording booth’ with a pink sparkle backdrop & fringed microphone stand
- All access VIP pass invitation + swag bag & CD favors with the birthday girl’s favorite songs & custom cover art
- Golden pop star cake with sunglasses, stars & a bedazzled microphone + a POPcorn bar
- Pink & black dessert table with a glittering golden backdrop, pink & black candies & POP Rocks
PARTY DETAILS as told by Michelle…
My daughter Kristen loves all things music, so it was very fitting to plan a Pop Star theme party for her 9th birthday. We did a party pre-shoot with Kristen so we could use the images to create some of the party decor. She had a blast dressing up and being a model for the day.
The boxed invitations included a backstage pass to the party along with glitter confetti, a pop star wand, and friendship bracelet.
The decor was pop star all the way — pink, black, and gold colors with glam black sequin and pink ruffle linen on the tables. Edge Design created fun girly arrangements in chic black vases. All the stationery from Papered Wonders made for a coordinated design — from a custom Step & Repeat to the custom CD favors.
As the guests arrived through the red carpet and VIP rope, they stopped to take a photo at the step and repeat. Then they were able to choose from several stations to party like a pop star. Other activities included:
- Rock Your Nails: the girls received nail polish changes
- Rock Some Sparkle: the girls received glitter tattoos
- Rock Your Style: the girls bedazzled sunglasses and then put them
- Strike A Pose: the girls dressed up and had fun posing in the photo booth with a pink sequin backdrop
- Rock Your Song: after singing happy birthday, the girls had a blast singing in our karaoke station complete with a pink glitter backdrop and pop star microphone stand.
- Popcorn and Soda Pop Bar: from sweet to savory, the girls had a variety of popcorn to choose from. We also had an assortment of old fashioned soda bottles with the guest of honor’s photo on the labels.
- Rock Your Swag: as they left the party, the girls received a CD with the birthday girl’s favorite songs and a custom CD cover with photos of Kristen.
The Pop Star Dessert display included a custom cake from Perfect Wedding Cake, pop star sugar cookies, pop rocks, and other assorted pink and black candy, all displayed on a glam black sequin linen with a gold sequin backdrop.
It was a very special occasion being able to celebrate my daughter. She and her friends had a fun afternoon enjoying the pop star life!