It’s no secret that Frozen parties are all the rage with the little ones these days, and if you’ve got a snowy princess inspired soirée to pull together yourself, I’ve got good news for you! This Simple & Sweet Frozen Birthday Celebration by Hana of Feathered Nest Photographie is absolutely bursting with creative – and approachable – ideas. Gotta love that combo! ;) Some of my personal favorites: the “Pin the Nose on Olaf” game, simple & sparkly “Elsa Crown” craft, and the clever use of twinkle lights to create a feeling of snowy magic throughout.
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Tasty “Build a Snowman” dessert featuring homemade marshmallows
- A sparkling tablescape with ‘snow’ filled terrarium centerpieces
- Ruffled dessert table covering & backdrop lit up with white twinkle lights
- Snowflake topped icicle cake with Elsa & Anna + blue macarons & carrot ‘noses’
- Beautiful homemade(!) Elsa costume for the birthday girl + makeovers & story time from Elsa & Anna
PARTY DETAILS as told by Hana…
My daughter Ella, like most other little girls, is in LOVE with the movie Frozen. We saw it in theaters 3 times and have watched it online and now on DVD about a zillion more times. Obsessed is an understatement, lol! She simply had to have a Frozen birthday party!
The cake was the first decision I made and it was definitely the highlight of the party table with the shimmering icicles hanging all around it!! The white lights in the ruffled backdrop and tablecloth added such an element of magic and really brought the space to life. I like to keep things simple so shimmering macarons, homemade marshmallow “snowman” pieces, a tray of snowman parts and carrot “Olaf” noses were the only food items in addition to the cake.
We also included an Elsa crown craft with lots of sparkling jewels along with Frozen flower wands for each guest. The highlight of the event were some unexpected visitors! Elsa and Anna came all the way from Arendelle to celebrate with Ella on her special day!! They had story time, applied princess tattoos and makeup and we played Pin the Nose on Olaf. It was truly a magical experience!!
- Photography: Feathered Nest Photographie
- Cake & Macarons: Southern Rise Baking Co.
- Princess Entertainment: Tale as Old as Time Parties
- Homemade Marshmallow Recipe: The Clever Carrot
- Crown Template: Sister Suitcase Blog
- Crown supplies: Michaels
- Frozen Flower Wands: Target Dollar Spot
- Aqua Ruffled Tablecloth: Bed Bath & Beyond
- White Ruffled Backdrop: Target
- Ella’s Elsa dress: Handmade by a friend