If you’ve never seen the adorable movie, Up, go do that right now ;). Seriously though, Cheryl Nguyen, who had her young daughter’s birthday and another one on the way to celebrate, did an amazing job pulling details from the movie into this Pixar’s UP Themed Birthday & Gender Reveal dual-celebration. I was also so pleasantly surprised to see our own Retro Rainbow cloud labels from Hostess Ink on their dessert table (love seeing our stuff in action!) :) Thanks so much for including us in your fabulous celebration, Cheryl!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Cloud cookies & rainbow balloon topped cloud jellos + balloon cake pops & a rainbow balloon smash cake
- Hand-built photo wall with an empty frame for taking pictures, vintage decor & a customized Adventure Book
- Up themed house cake with gender reveal color inside + soda pop bottle caps for boy vs. girl bets
- Rainbow fruit skewers, cloud shaped cookies, mason jar layered cakes & gourmet marshmallows
- Onesie shaped balloon invitation (entirely made by Cheryl) + suitcase & map party favor boxes
PARTY DETAILS as told by Cheryl…
We decided to do a combined party for our daughter’s 2nd birthday party and gender reveal baby shower!
We always knew that we wanted to do a gender neutral party. We are huge Disney/Pixar fans, so we thought that the UP theme would be perfect!
Some of my favorite details are the living room backdrop (built by my incredible and talented husband!), our gender reveal house cake, and our custom made invitations! I drew, water-colored, hand cut, and assembled each of the invitations all by myself! The gender reveal house cake was created by our incredibly talented friend! My husband built the yellow backdrop for the living room scene and we rented all the props. For food, we had brunch, which we made some of. We also rented all the pretty plates, glassware and stands!
We also dressed up in costumes! I dressed up as Russell, my husband dressed up as Carl and my daughter dressed up as Ellie! Our house cake revealed that we are having a boy!