What do you do when one of your kids wants a pirate party, and the other a mermaid party? Throw one big Joint Pirates & Mermaids Birthday Party of course! Shana Rosenheck of POMP once again brought her A game to this swashbucklin’ celebration, which included tons of cute balloon animals, pirate & mermaid themed desserts and a goldfish cracker bar (with a very clever way to serve fish and chips)! If you’re looking for more pirate party ideas, go here, and for mermaid parties, go here.
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Pirate ship & mermaids birthday cake with ocean waves, jumping fish & the birthday boy & girl’s initials
- Brown sugar ‘sand’ & chocolate seashell topped cookies + pirate ship & sword cookies
- Shark infested blue ocean drink + octopus & starfish balloon animals throughout the party
- Pirate cake pops, mermaid tail topped cupcakes & Lifesaver ‘life preserver’ napkin rings
- Pirate & treasure chest coloring activity & a visit from a pirate’s best friend — parrots!
PARTY DETAILS as told by Shana…
This party was created for a little boy who loves pirates and a little girl who loves mermaids. We had a goldfish bar complete with “fish & chips,” pretzel and chocolate goldfish. We incorporated napkin rings with lifesavers to look like life preservers. Cookies were made in the shapes of octopus, fish, swords, and sail boats. My favorite features were the shark swimming in the blue juice and the beautiful custom cake complete with a pirate ship and mermaids with the birthday boy and birthday girl’s initials. To the children’s delight, party favors were live fish.