Big celebrations don’t always have to happen at expected times. Sure, we see lots of incredible milestone birthday parties attached to familiar numbers like 21, 30, 40, etc – but what if your reasons for wanting to throw that extra fabulous, confetti-and-champagne-filled celebration just happen to fall at another time? Well, if you’re Miriam Corona, you simply make the timing work for you, instead of the other way around!
Miriam was pregnant when she turned 30 and didn’t really celebrate the milestone at that time. Cut to 2 years later – and she’s got an adorable 1 year old (who had possibly the coolest Monsters University First Birthday Party ever), a flourishing event planning business, a brand new workspace, and – OH, YA – another birthday to celebrate! It was high time to bust out the confetti, so to speak. ;)
I just love all the fun and sparkle that Miriam incorporated into her Confetti Birthday Celebration, and of course how she used our HWTM Confetti Birthday Collection to help bring it to life!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– 4-tier, naked layered birthday cake with insanely awesome “happy birthday” script topper
– Gorgeous chocolate & confetti candy apples with satin bows and stripey straw “sticks”
– “Sparkle & Shine” confetti wands + confetti-covered invitations & party decor
– Bold black and white stripes featured in the linens, party straws, and paper lanterns
PARTY DETAILS as told by Miriam…
I recently celebrated my 32nd birthday with confetti everything! From confetti balloons to confetti wands, confetti candy apples to a confetti cake!
I wanted to throw myself a little birthday bash because I never had the opportunity to celebrate my big 3-0 birthday as I was pregnant with my son at the time. In addition to the birthday celebration, we wanted to celebrate our big move into our brand new event planning studio. Every celebration calls for confetti, so we planned the birthday party around a confetti theme.
I was inspired to do a confetti themed celebration by the HWTM Confetti Birthday Party collection. My birthstone color is aquamarine, so I went with the aqua and gold version. I had a beautiful “naked” confetti cake and confetti candy apples made with hand-cut confetti sprinkles made to match the this set.
Other celebratory items and details I wanted to incorporate into the birthday party were some of my favorite party trends like black and white stripes, gold, sequins and confetti balloons.
I wanted a casual, but chic vibe for the party so we set up some tables outdoors in a large gazebo and served light appetizers, drinks and desserts! I invited my family to celebrate this special milestone with me.
– Event Planning & Styling: Miriam Corona Events
– Photography: Palos Studio
– Invitations & Paper Party Decor: Hostess with the Mostess
– Cake: Sweet and Saucy Shop
– Cake Topper: Lil Cat Design Co.
– Candy Apples: Roni’s Sugar Creations
– Linens: Posh Peony
– Place Settings: The Vintage Table Co.
– Confetti Wands: Oh Goodie Designs