These little ones have got places to go and people to see! Betty Lang of Vanda Events styled this Vintage Travel Themed Twins First Birthday Party for the two cutest little boys. The decor is filled with different modes of transportation — from planes, trains, and automobiles… to a giant cardboard spaceship! I’m especially loving the adorable “propeller” paper straws and the mini Radio Flyer wagons “carrying” gorgeous flowers for the table centerpieces. So…. strap yourselves in and get ready to check out the rest of the details on this high-flying party adventure! ;)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- ‘In the clouds’ airplanes topped cake + tootsie roll candy airplanes
- Baggage Claim party favor boxes, activity passport card, caricature artist & wooden train set
- Red wagon & mini wooden barrel centerpieces filled with bright green moss, succulents & kumquat branches
- Future Career guessing game & “Oh the Places You’ll Go” guestbook signing
- Tassel topped map party hats & map banner + hot rod car baby bouncer & buggy coasters
PARTY DETAILS as told by Betty…
My client Lisa hired me to help her with putting together all the details for her twins 1st birthday. She came up with the theme and had so many ideas for all the details. Since she was very busy being a new mom with twin boys she knew she needed someone to help her with some of the legwork and also someone to bounce off ideas with.
I helped her with all of the DIY projects such as the tootsie roll airplanes and styled the cake table. I bought vintage print map papers from Paper Source and cut them into pennants to use on the backdrop for the cake table. I also made mini map pennants to hang on the branches and their smash cakes. Mini gable boxes were stuffed with candies and other goodies for guests to take home. Lisa sent me this cute DIY idea for me to cut mini paper propellers to put on the red and white straws. I also bought canvas pennants from Paper Source and hand stenciled “check in” with a marker to hang in front of the sign-in table.
I found these perfect mini barrels to use as the container for the flower centerpieces to tie in with the style of the venue since there were barrels all over the golf club. Lisa’s sister Mimi was the photographer and she did an amazing job capturing all of the details and festivities that day. I had a blast helping Lisa with Liam and Max’s 1st birthday and hope this will inspire others out there.
- Venue: Bella Collina Towne & Golf Club
- Photographer: Mimi Nguyen Photography
- Event Planner/Florist/Stylist: Betty Lang, Vanda Events
- Bakery: Martha Acosta of Artistic Cakes
- Photobooth: Push 2 Start Photo Booth
- Caricatures & Face Painting: Eva Sowinski, Lacy Ink
- Favors: Tiramisu Cakes by My Nguyen
- Map papers & canvas pennants: Paper Source
- Tootsie Roll Paper: Michael’s
- Backdrop Fabrics: Joann’s
- Red gable boxes: Paper Mart