For her darling daughter’s first birthday, Anne Lee planned this Sweet Heart Themed Dol all on her own! Luckily, she had some help from some very talented people, creating things like the beautiful pink ruffle smash cakes & the amazing Hello Kitty Dragon bean towers! I am especially loving the clear balloon dessert table backdrop with pops of color from the pink heart balloons — such a creative way to tie in the theme!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Chalkboard heart table number centerpieces & party favor bags
– Customized pink & white M&Ms, heart shaped cookie pops & two tiered white cake with sparkly heart toppers
– Traditional Dol career choosing game & birthday outfit + first year photo garland
– Heart shaped balloon watercolor printable design + mimosa party flag place cards
PARTY DETAILS as told by Anne…
This special day was for my dear daughter’s 1st birthday. We chose our venue because of the wall to ceiling windows that showcased the stunning views of the NYC skyline. Unfortunately, the weather that day was horrendous with hail and clouds but thankfully the pictures still came out beautifully despite not being able to see the skyline at all by the fog! Since I didn’t have the budget to hire a planner, I wanted the theme to be simple — girly yet elegant.
Guests were welcomed with mimosas which had paper straw flags guiding them to their respective table numbers. Tables were simply decorated with mason jars, baby’s breath & pink rose petals. The banner that hung above the candy/dessert table was a collage of my daughter’s growth each month in the same chair. Special details to look out for are the heart charm raffle tickets, Hello Kitty Dragon tower & cookies, pink ruffle cakes, kids’ personalized goodie bags, Korean rice cake favors, and the clear balloon backdrop.
The overloaded candy bar was filled with personalized M&Ms, pink rock candy, strawberry pocky sticks, vanilla & salted caramel macarons, pink grapefruit gummies, pineapple gummy bears, coconut jelly bellys, yogurt covered pretzels, white chocolate covered Oreos w/fondant hearts, pink ombre heart cookies pops, & Hello Kitty dragon cookies.
– Venue: Waterside Restaurant & Catering
– Cakes: Miller’s Bakery
– Cookies: The Cookie Press
– Photography: CiK Studios
– Macarons: Mille Feuille
– Entertainment: Marcia the Musical Moose
– Hello Kitty Dragon Tower: Jen Kim
– Dress: Jacadi
– Shoes & Hair Pin: Joyfolie