Howdy ya’ll! Roberta Limongi Ruiz of Three Sisters Parties and her family moved to Texas right before their youngest, Stella, was born, making a Spurs & Bling Texas Cowgirl First Birthday a perfect first celebration! I love all the glammed up details, with green bows, gold glitter and plenty of pink. Like any good Texas Cowgirl knows, it’s all about the animals, so what better way to celebrate than with a petting zoo and pony rides! How cute is that little horse?! Ride em’ Cowgirl!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Paisley treat boxes, gold flower gumballs & wooden popcorn baskets decorated with ponies, bows & glitter
- Cowboy/girl hats, mustaches, bandanas & Sheriff’s badges for each pint sized cowboy & girl
- ‘Fenced in’ smash cake with sparkly pink topper + a ‘Yee Haw’ mini bunting cake topper
- Picture mat personalized with letter stickers to create a “Wanted” sign photo prop
- Lollipops & chocolate bars with glittery western decor + Rice Krispie “Hay Bales” & real haystack seating
PARTY DETAILS as told by Roberta…
I designed this glittery cowgirl first birthday party for our first and only Texas baby: Stella. Our family moved from Boston to Dallas a few months before Stella’s birth, so I thought there was no better way to celebrate than with the theme: Spurs & Bling, It’s a Texas Cowgirl Thing!!! My goal was to have a sweet and girly party, while incorporating some western flavor into the decor.
Stella felt like a true princess in her pink and glittery little ranch! When guests arrived they were greeted by a “saddle up” sign, accompanied by various western props to choose from (hats, bandanas, mustaches, sheriffs’ badges), and a “wanted” sign was available so the guests could dress up and make their own wanted posters.
Before the food was served, everyone enjoyed a farm themed petting zoo and pony rides in our backyard, which was followed by snacks and pizza while sitting on hay stacks at the toddler table. The celebration became even more special when Stella enjoyed her personal mini birthday cake prepared by daddy!
- Party planning, Styling & Decor: Mom & Dad
- Cake (& mini cake for birthday girls): Dad
- Photography: Jessica Rockwell
- Cake Topper, personalized #1 birthday candle, personalized treat boxes & lollipops & party printables: Hands2Design
- Gold glitter 8’’ letters and number one: Romantic Southern
- Fondant fences for the birthday girl’s mini cake: Sweet Cake Topper
- Gold glitter cupcake wrappers: The Party Cafe
- 36’’ round balloons, tassel garlands, candy cups, pink & gold cheese picks, glitter letter stickers, paper straws, wooden baskets & napkins: Shop Sweet Lulu