When your husband loves Ralph Lauren and your toddler looks absolutely adorable in those little polos, a Polo Club First Birthday Party is the perfect fit! Ebony Sparkes of Sparkling Events & Designs styled this fresh & sophisticated party with preppy blue & green patterns and lots of chic little polo players popping up throughout. I also love how she cleverly personalized the celebration by dubbing it the “Sparkes Polo Club”. ;) P.S. This theme would also translate beautifully to boy baby shower – or even a stylish adult birthday!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Tiered cake with cool polo player silhouette topper, bold preppy patterns, and fondant polo shirts
– Ralph Lauren polo shirt name banner + cute favor bags customized with sparkly “1″s
– Build a Stuffed Horse activity in a homemade “stable” + trophy cup party favors
– Ralph Lauren box risers + mini polo player wooden cutouts & decals on the milk bottles
– Preppy wheat grass table runners with yellow & white gerbera daisies “growing” from them
PARTY DETAILS as told by Ebony…
I’m so delighted to share my son Maxwell’s 1st Birthday Party. My husband is a Ralph Lauren fanatic — both of them (he and Mr. Ralph Lauren) are from Queens. So as you can imagine, our son has been dressed in Ralph Lauren from birth. When it came to planning his party, I knew it would have to be something dapper, preppy and perfect. We decided on the theme of “Sparkes Polo Club.” I wanted to incorporate all things surrounding a polo match and the Ralph Lauren brand.
When I think of a Polo match, I think of plush grass, horses, trophies and of course dapper style. The party decoration included tons and tons of wheat grass (my husband said, “You really bought grass”), white and yellow gerber daisies, and white and blue hydrangeas. I wanted to do a runner of grass and place the daisies in the grass runner as if they were growing right out of it. I used Ralph Lauren gift boxes and ribbon that I collected over the years as accent pieces throughout the room.
Ten23Designs did an amazing job creating a beautiful oversized Polo emblem cut-out that I placed over the fireplace in between two photos of Maxwell. I made a Ralph Lauren polo shirt banner with Maxwell’s name on the front that we hung from the mantle and of course added some flowers and grass around it.
Ten23Designs also cut out miniature Polo emblems that I placed on the milk bottles. Pretty My Party supplied gorgeous navy and yellow paper straws and treat bags that we used for the kids to take their treats home in. Tastefully Treated did a phenomenal job with the Polo themed cake. I wanted to keep the dessert table simple by only serving Girl Scout cookies. Everyone loves Girl Scout cookies!
With most of my parties I have to ask the men in my family to build something, so my brother in law and husband built a kid sized stable. We laid down a grass rug and the kids were able to stuff a plush horse! I made little name tags for each child to name their horsey. The kids had such a great time.
In addition to the stuffed horse favor, each child also got a gold trophy and candy placed in a Sparkle Sac, from The Purple Pug.
– Styling, Design & Photography: Sparkling Events & Design LLC
– Cake: Tastefully Treated
– Polo Cutouts/Decals: Ten23Designs
– Party Supplies (Paper Straws/Striped Bags): Pretty My Party
– Sparkles Sac: The Purple Pug
– Water Bottle Labels & Candy Bar Wrappers: Online Labels