This incredibly stylish Golden Safari First Birthday Party goes to show that a can of gold spray paint can go a long way in transforming a party! Jenny Raulli from Bloom Designs styled & DIYed so many beautiful details to create a party that not only her nephew, the birthday boy, would love, but that would match her fashionista sister’s great taste. I am loving how this party manages to be tasteful, elegant, AND still fun for the little ones. Thanks for the great inspiration, Jenny! ;)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Lion topped chocolate Oreos & elephant topped cupcakes + Golden ‘One’ cake, crown & centerpiece
– Gold painted giraffe eraser drink stirrers & plastic jungle animals + gold glitter cheesecake shots & macarons
– Adorable cheetah print topped milk bottles with gold giraffe silhouettes & cheetah print letter cookies
– Wooden berry basket lunches, ‘Feeding Time’ snacks table & wooden ‘1’ sandwich container
– Pin the Tail on the Giraffe game, 21st birthday advice cards & animal cracker party favors
PARTY DETAILS as told by Jenny…
I was so excited to style this party for my nephew’s first birthday. My sister is a fashion blogger and she has such a great sense of class and style. I really wanted this party to reflect her tastes. We settled on a neutral, gold and white color scheme and decided to use silhouettes on the printables and for the decorations for a safari first birthday theme. We spray painted dozens of plastic animals gold and placed them along with hydrangeas down the center of the table. Gold chargers, a burlap runner and white paper plates embellished with gold giraffe silhouettes completed the table.
At “feeding time” guest made their way to the lunch table. Adults grazed on salads, sandwiches and fruit and individual berry baskets had food for the children. Everyone grabbed safari soda, sparkling water or wine, all of which had custom labels at the “watering hole.” We spray painted giraffe erasers gold and attached them to the top of plastic sticks to make drink stirrers.
After lunch, dessert was served. On the center of the table was a simple six layer chocolate cake with a glittered “one.” All the rest of the desserts, including cheesecake shots, white chocolate covered popcorn, macarons, and tiger trifles in rippled kraft cups, matched the color scheme. Chocolate covered Oreos and vanilla cupcakes were decorated with fondant toppers which had elephant and lion silhouettes. Beautiful sugar cookies that matched the invitation and others in a cheetah print that spelled ‘Hudson’ completed the table. Tassel garland decorated the front of the table and a happy birthday sign served as the backdrop. The kids played pin the tail on the giraffe and loved watching Hudson eat his smash cake.
– Party Concept & Styling: Bloom Designs Online
– Invitation & Printables: Bloom Designs Online
– Square plastic drink bottles, tassel garland, straws & balloon: Bloom Designs Online
– Photography: Stephanie Wiley Photography
– Sugar Cookies: Bambella Cookies
– Wooden One: Ten 23 Designs
– Fondant Toppers: Edible Details