What better way to celebrate a winter birthday than to curl up by a fire with the ones you love and roast marshmallows, right? Well, this Warm & Toasty Winter ONEderland First Birthday Party has all that and much, much more! Photographed by Kelly Trimble of Kelly Kate Photography and meticulously planned and styled by Brynn of Blooming Events, the guests at this sparkly celebration were treated to homemade vanilla marshmallows and a scrumptious hot chocolate bar with all the fixin’s to warm them up from the inside out. And from the looks of these adorable pics, the birthday girl enjoyed every bit! :)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Handmade chalkboard style dessert table backdrop with wreath design + matching tent cards
– Roasted s’mores cake, chocolate dipped marshmallow skewers & chocolate peppermint popcorn
– Gold glitter bow & washi tape accents, gold sprinkled Oreos & a hand-lettered golden welcome sign
– Hanging snowflake pinwheels, ‘snow’ cream puffs + mini cotton ball ‘snow covered’ tree
PARTY DETAILS as told by Kelly & Brynn…
What better way to celebrate the first year of life for our little girl then a glamorous and sophisticated farmhouse event?! S’mores outside by the fire, delicious popcorn and 100 ways to drink a hot chocolate!
Sterling’s mommy spent months of late night crafting, planning and dreaming about this day! Everything you see is done by this mother of two who loves nothing more than to celebrate the lives of her babies!
In her words:
“Honestly… this is my canvas. This is my art. This is my music. When I do parties for my kiddos, it is my way to LOVE them with crazy abandon and make the world stop to celebrate the miracle and significance of their existence. I LOVE CELEBRATING PEOPLE. I love to honor and support people in this tangible way.”
Brynn also believes it is ALL about the personal touches! The bunting banner of black and white images was ordered from Minted and the birthday girl’s homemade tiny party hat was put on a headband so it would be comfortable for her. These few touches that make it about the life of the celebrated are what matters!
Brynn has loved getting to do this for her own kids so much that she has starting helping others with parties under the name of Blooming Events. All of the pieces you see are things she owns and offers for rent to others. Brynn also personally collects Fenton milk glass so she loved getting to use all her serving pieces for this event!
Brynn summed up the day by saying this: “It was the best day! Sterling felt so loved and celebrated and every second of hard work and late nights without sleep paid off!”
– Party Styling: Brynn Gustafson, Blooming Events
– Photograph Bunting Banner: Minted
– Gold Foil Art Prints: Lindsay Letters
– Photography: Kelly Kate Photography
– Videography: Kara Jane Mowrey
– S’mores Cake: Kathy’s Bakery