Tonya Coleman here from Soireé Event Design, and I’m back with the “Trend Alert” where I share with you some of the hottest trends in party planning! Today’s guest post is all about the hot new trend — Terrarium Centerpieces!
Terrariums are a popular trend in wedding decor and are popping up in party decor also. Here you can see how you can use them as centerpieces for your wedding dining tables as well as decor for your sweets table. Super easy to do and such a visual impact! Check out how I incorporated this trend in this styled shoot for Koyal Wholesale featuring a Rustic Glam Garden Wedding theme with an emerald green and gold color palette and using their apothecary and bell jars, moss balls, flowers and plants to create visually stunning terrarium centerpieces.
APOTHECARY JAR TERRARIUM CENTERPIECES!
Apothecary jars are normally used on sweets tables to hold candy, but here I used them to create elegant terrarium centerpieces on a dining table. So easy to do! The idea is to create a mini garden scene inside the jars. To do this, I simply placed a layer of green gravel on the bottom of the jar and then layered in moss balls, flower heads and plant trimmings to create an elegant garden scene. To add a rustic glam touch to the table design, I placed the terrariums on top of wood slabs and added in rustic wood branches topped with gold twig balls.
BELL JAR TERRARIUM CENTERPIECES!
For a different look, you can use bell jars to create terrariums. Here I used wood slabs as a base and then layered moss balls, flowers and plant trimmings on top of the wood pieces to create a scene and simply covered the entire arrangement with a bell jar.
USE TERRARIUMS ON YOUR SWEETS TABLE!
Using terrariums on your sweets table is such an unexpected detail that really brings your theme to life. Here, I created mini gardens inside both apothecary jars and bell jars with glass bases. Using the bell jars with glass bases allows you to build your mini-garden in the base and then top with the bell jar so you can easily move it around.
WANT TO SEE MORE?
Click here to go to my blog for more photos, Design Tips & Look for Less Tips to help you pull off this look for your next garden wedding, bridal shower or party. Also, check out my Garden Wedding Pinterest board for a shopping list of ALL of the items I used in this party’s design along with prices and links to purchase them.
– Styling & photography: Soiree Event Design
– TERRARIUM SUPPLIES (apothecary jars, bell jars, round wood pieces, moss balls): Koyal Wholesale
– ALL DECOR (linen, runners, chargers, wood table number, green crystal gems, tower vases, flower poms, vintage dessert stands, push pop display, moss ball garland backdrop, mini dessert bell jars: Koyal Wholesale
– Emerald green glitter cupcake wrappers: Dress My Cupcake
– Chocolate covered oreos & glittered cake pops: Autumn Lynn’s Chocolate Sins
– White sugar pearls candy and gumballs: SweetWorks
– Gourmet candy apples: Roni’s Sugar Creations
– Bling candy scoops & tongs: Talia’s Creative Printing
– Bling pinwheels: Peckled
– Custom iced cookies: Sweet C’s Bake Shop