When your little guy turns one, suddenly your lil’ bundle can seem like a lil’ man! Valerie Gimre of Charming Touch Parties styled this adorable Little Man Bow Tie First Birthday for her client’s adorable smiley son, Coleton! I love that she mixed in touches of the Winter season as well — since Coleton was born near Christmas — including a snowy Wishing Tree, snowflake cookies and touches of white sparkle. They say wearing a bow tie is a statement, but I think it’s safe to say this whole party makes an even bigger one!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Framed silhouette backdrop, ‘Lil Man’ Banner & 1st year board with pinwheels & photos of the birthday boy
- Birch tree stump risers, glittering snowflake topped candy dishes, snowflake cookies & snowflake framed signs
- Blue ruffle smash cake topped with a gray polka dot bow tie, beautifully detailed cookies + striped cake pops
PARTY DETAILS as told by Valerie…
My client contacted me about planning and styling a beautiful first birthday celebration for her son. Her son was born close to Christmas. My client wasn’t opposed to Winter party details, but in no way wanted it to feel Christmas-y. She loved the poplular “Little Man” concept. We kept it sweet and precious with charming bow ties and silhouette elements. I enlisted my good friend, Beth Kruse Custom Creations, to create our graphics and printables. Our sweet silhouette backdrop complemented our boy-ish and playful table graphics.
No one was denied sweets at this special party. Our dessert table was stocked! A gorgeous bow tie cake, cake pops, cupcakes, candy and amazing cookies took center stage. Little Man Coleton, however, STOLE THE SHOW! He wore the most precious bowtie onesie made by the super talented Michelle at MillionAyres and laughed, played and giggled his way throughout the entire celebration.
Our guests were asked to provide some birthday “wishes” for Coleton and place them on a beautiful wintery wishing tree at the entry of the home. It was a fun, easy activity and provided for some good conversation.
During the party, all the kiddos were welcome to help themselves to the offerings at a fun milk bar and take-home cookie favor.
Little Man Coleton had a day fit for…well…a Little Man. It was a fabulous way to celebrate his first year of life. And I was honored to be a part of it.
- Event Styling: Charming Touch Parties
- Photography: Jennifer Kaye Photography
- Printables: Beth Kruse Custom Creations
- Cookies: NatSweets
- Cakepops & Cake: Bake It!
- Fondant cupcake toppers: Edible Details
- Bowtie Onesie: Million Ayres
- Flowers & Wishing Tree: Floral Wonders
- Birthday Hat: Shawna Brockmeier Styled Events