When I first saw this Kate Spade Inspired Gender Neutral Baby Shower, I knew you guys were going to love it as much as I do! The talented Rachel Pettit-Scott of RV Parties combined aqua, pink and gold + vibrant multicolor stripes to create the perfect gender neutral color palette for this cheery, fashion-forward baby shower. This would be so cute as a bridal shower or birthday party too… for any age!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Golden polka dot & rainbow striped cupcakes + white chocolate covered & gold glitter topped Oreos
– Rainbow striped streamer backdrop & party flags + a trail of rainbow spades adorning the table cloth
– Lots of gold & spade shaped confetti + bright bottle wraps, party flags & polka dotted wooden utensils
– ‘F’ candy dish for Baby Franklin + pink & aqua macarons and white chocolate cake pops
PARTY DETAILS as told by Rachel…
Picking a theme for a fashionable mama-to-be who didn’t know the gender of the baby was quite a challenge for us, until we settled on a Kate Spade inspired shower! We used pink, teal and gold as our main colors, and bright multi-color stripes with gold polka dots as our patterns.
The darling fabric backdrop was made by Watermelon Designs and was the perfect way to add some color to the wall. I loved the way the tassels looked on the front of the table as well — the colors matched so well! And we couldn’t find enough places to cover with gold confetti. Can you ever have too much confetti?
It was so fun to pick out treats that tied into the theme! Cupcakes with GORGEOUS fondant toppers that perfectly matched our stripes and gold dots served as a perfect centerpiece to the table. And the gold, glittery chocolate covered Oreos nearly stole the show — the guests couldn’t get over the edible glitter! Bright macarons are always a welcome addition to any dessert table. I just couldn’t stop buying gold, pink and aqua treats, it’s quite easy to go overboard quickly.
My favorite favor for showers are delicious sugar cookies and these gold sparkly spades were almost too perfect to eat! We played a sweet game where guests wrote answers regarding the name of the baby and Mama guessed who put which answer! It was so sweet and quite entertaining.
Making printables is always my starting point for a party and it was so fun to think of clever ideas for this party. I loved the little chocolate wrappers and straw flags and thought the cupcakes looked darling in their stripes! The big gold spade banner and white framed signs were some of my favorite items for this party.
– Styling, Spade Confetti/Garland & Printables: RV Parties
– Photography: Sally Cavanaugh Photography
– Fabric Backdrop: Watermelon Designs
– Sugar Cookies: Victoria in Kansas
– Cupcakes and Cake Pops: Cravings Gluten Free Bakery
– Fondant Toppers: Fondant Fantasy
– Gold Oreos: Sweeties by Kim
– Gold Confetti & Tassel Bunting: Pom Love
– Gold Washi Tape: Cute Tape
– Sprinkles: DK Delektables
– Cupcake Liners, Straws, Twine, Cake Pop Sticks, Stamped Utensils: The Bakers Confection