This fantastic Doctor Who Themed Baby Shower by Desiree Logue Champagne of Penny Blooms Floral Design and Events, a self-proclaimed “nerd” who absolutely loves the BBC Show, is anything but nerdy! Filled with creative details from the show like “jelly babies” (Would you care for one?) and bow tie cookies (definitely cool), this co-ed, gender neutral shower would make any fervent Doctor Who fan proud!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– “Hello Sweetie” Napkins + “Fezes are cool” & “Exterminate!” photo booth props
– Two-tiered cake featuring different elements of the Doctors, the Tardis and Daleks
– Super cute bow-tie cookies and bow-tie topped cupcakes
– Stars & streamers dessert table backdrop, gold sequined table runner + blue flower & silver star florals
– Paternoster Gang Punch, Cybermen & Dalek inspired cookies & Jammie Dodger heart cookies
PARTY DETAILS as told by Desiree…
I had known since my first baby that I wanted a Doctor Who shower the next time around. So when the time came, I of course planned it myself and pulled together an amazing team of friends and colleagues from the wedding and event industry to make it happen.
My husband and I are huge Comic Book fans, Comic-Con goers and just nerdy in general and the BBC Science Fiction show Doctor Who has been a favorite of ours for years now. We love the show so much that our two year old Desmond replies “Who” when we ask what the Doctor’s name is. This made it a perfect fit for our gender neutral, coed baby shower. It was a great for our friends that are fans of the show who were able to have fun with all the little details; and a great way to introduce new fans to the show as well.
One of the last themes of the show before the baby was “Hello Sweetie” which the Doctor’s Wife, River Song, would say each time they met. And of course, who doesn’t think ‘Hello Sweetie’ every time they see their baby?!
The most challenging part of the planning the shower was editing. After all, the show is about a Doctor and his traveling companions who travel throughout all of space and time and has been on since the early ‘60’s with 11 amazing Doctors to pull fun ideas from!
Some of my favorite elements were:
– The Hello Sweetie Napkins, perfect for a sweets table
– Bow Tie Cookies, in both pink and blue since we didn’t yet know the sex of the baby — Spoilers!
– The cake with different elements of several Doctors, the Tardis and Daleks
– Treats on the sweets table from different Doctors, like Jelly Babies and Jammie Dodgers
– The handmade Fez and bow tie props for the photo booth
– The Cybermen Cookies, my husband loves Cybermen so I had to throw them in there!
To see all of the details of this super fun shower in action, click here!
– Styling and Flowers: Penny Blooms Floral Design and Events
– Cake, Cupcakes, Dalek & Cyberman cookies: Jenny Wenny Cakes
– Bow Tie Cookies & Felt Photo Booth Props: Sugar Dot Sweetery
– Invitation & Printables/Photo Booth Props: Paper Doll Design Studio
– Napkins: For Your Party
– Photography: Melissa Biador Photography
– Hair and Makeup: Unbridled Beauty Make Up Artistry
– Videographer: Porcelain Rose Productions
– Linens: Table Cloths Factory
– Runners: Flora Touch
– Rentals: K & J Rentals
– Cardboard Tardis: Amazon