What’s more delicious than the classic combination of Milk & Cookies?! I can’t think of a single kid, or adult for that matter, that doesn’t light up at the thought of it. :) And for her daughter’s second birthday, Wynona Leach of Red Carousel styled an adorable Milk and Cookies Birthday Party that’s guaranteed to make lots of eyes light up too! From a beautiful dessert table – filled with the CUTEST little milk and cookies themed treats and illustrated paper details – to a gorgeous paper rosette backdrop for the drinks, this playful little party is truly irresistible!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Stuffed milk & chocolate chip cookie pillows, mug & cookie topped cupcakes & adorable white bunny cookies
– Bow-wrapped cake topped with a mini fondant cake, desserts stand, milk bottle & the cutest little girl!
– “Got Milk?” cookies & bottles of chocolate milk + flowers in pitchers & weaved into the white cake frame
– Pretty paper rosette drinks station backdrop + pinwheel embellished paper straws & photo garland
– Glitter paints & paper cutouts for crafting + cute desserts coloring book & chevron party hats
PARTY DETAILS as told by Wynona…
My daughter turned two and the theme for her party was “Milk and Cookies,” featuring a soft palette of colours.
The main feature was the dessert table, which I wanted to look quite girly. The gorgeous ruffle table cloth was custom made and I balanced it with the tissue decorations hanging from the ceiling. The cake was the centre piece — further enhanced by the large frame behind it. The frame was from ikea, the backing board was removed and Fiona Treadwell wired in some fresh flowers to decorate.
Of course, we served fresh chocolate milk and homemade cookies. Other treats included thai coconut cupcakes, fondant decorated cookies, macarons and little milk cartons filled with snacks. The savoury food included homemade sausage rolls, meat pies, rice paper rolls, tea sandwiches and mini samosas.
To keep the kids busy, I set up a craft table for them to decorate their own boxes. The boxes were painted and embellished and used to fill with treats to take home. The party favours included little crayons sets with colouring books featuring pictures matching the milk and cookies theme.
– Concept, design, styling, props, tableware and decorations: Red Carousel
– Bunny cookies & Cake pops: Colour it Sweet
– Cupcakes: Bob Pimmanas
– Cake, Cupcake toppers & all other desserts: Red Carousel
– Craft kits: Puravida Design
– Flowers: Fiona Treadwell
– Photography: Cinography