Once upon a time, there lived the cutest Baby Bear. To celebrate his big first birthday, Brittany Fullwood, also known as Momma Bear, planned this delightful Storybook First Birthday Bash (with lots of help from Papa Bear). Set in a lovely forest thicket, Bear was showered with lots of love… and a scrumptious smash cake that was just right! I’m sure this party made all 3 bears very happy. ;)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Ombre blue smash cake with storybook page “1” topper + vintage storybook party favors
- Beautiful woodsy setting with homemade rag-tie fabric bunting stretching from tree to tree
- Woodsy cake pedestals, wooden picket welcome sign, and “Once Upon a Time” wooden utensils
- Goodnight, Little Bear circles banner, happy yellow bear piñata, tasty “Bear’s BBQ” lunch spread!
PARTY DETAILS as told by Brittany…
Bear’s first birthday party was Storybook themed and took place in the “woods” by our house. Inspired by the Little Golden Book “Good Night, Little Bear” and Bear’s love for books, we wanted the party to have a classic, vintage vibe.
We chose a navy & lime color scheme and made a fabric bunting out of scraps in each color to hang above the main tables. We cut out circles from “Good Night, Little Bear” to make the banner in front of the tables. Simple cake-stands made from logs and painted plastic platters held the cupcakes and smash cake. A small area between two trees was
designed the “photobooth” and guests enjoyed snapping pictures wearing silly props and holding a large vintage frame.
Our favorite (bittersweet) detail was Bear’s timeline banner, with monthly pictures from his first year. Each child took home a vintage Little Golden book as a favor, and enjoyed hitting the piñata and coloring with sidewalk chalk during the party.
- Smash Cake/Cupcakes: HEB Market Street Bakery
- Photobooth Chalkboard: Ikea
- Pinata: Amazon
- Bear’s “1” Onesie: Madelyn Ashley Boutique
- “Once Upon a Time” Wooden Utensils: Pink Lemonade
- Green Chalkboard: Home Goods
- Food: Rudy’s BBQ
- All other details (cake stands, invites, cupcake toppers, water labels, banners, etc.): Brittany & her husband