Mindy Kaisner of Modern Mindy created this stylish Modern Peacock Baby Shower for her friend, who’s especially stylish herself! I love all the handmade details, from the scalloped paper table runner and hanging lantern to the guest of honor’s cute peacock feather belt — everything ties together beautifully. I also love the idea of opening up the space for maximum mingling. You can really feel the love in this warm, heartfelt shower.
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Themed diaper cake adorned with peacocks feathers, ribbon, tulle, and fabric flowers
- “Decorate a hair accessory for Baby M” activity + purple & blue candies and cupcakes
- Individual cups of chili with a toppings bar + a delicious-looking giant cheese ball
- Handmade scalloped paper lantern, “baby” garland, table runner, & dessert table backdrop
- And since this shower was held in December: a bit of glittering Holiday decor in the party’s signature colors!
PARTY DETAILS as told by Mindy…
When my good friend announced her pregnancy I immediately thought, “I can’t wait to plan an extra special shower!” She has great taste & can throw a great party herself! We decided on a modern peacock baby shower theme that really fit her personal style.
We also didn’t want your typical shower activities, so rather than shower games & sitting around on folding chairs, we decided on an open house. We opted for pub style tables so people could mingle & talk over food. We also put together a table to design your own hair accessory for Baby Martin. Guests were free to create using a variety of decorations such as buttons, feathers, lace, and pre made flowers. After they were designed, each guest could write a note so Jackie could remember who each piece was designed by!
For decor, we really spun everything off of a modern peacock feather. We created a custom dessert table backdrop, paper lantern, and table runner by layering paper in our themes colors to create a scalloped look. Allison Kizer Designs designed custom signs & printables to match the scalloped look & they really completed the look!