The Great Gatsby was an absolute hit movie last year, making it the perfect inspiration for a lively, fun party! Astrid Jayengsari of PAPERplayground created just that with this Roaring Great Gatsby Themed Christening for baby Cruz. I absolutely love the gold, teal, black & white color palette with lots of bow ties, which would be so perfect for a little boy’s birthday or even a gender neutral shower (you could just add girl’s bows in)! With ornate detailing and art deco style patterns, this christening is definitely the bees knees, as Gatsby might say. ;)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Hand-painted (WOW), rose gold, art deco style backdrop + glittering gold, bow tie topped cake pops
– Giant silver ‘CRUZ’ balloons, ornately decorated cookies & gold dusted macaron towers
– Delicate, gold-tipped flower topped cookie sandwiches + long, formal dining tables
– Gold art deco cake & cupcakes topped with teal bow ties + matching art deco candy wraps & invitation
PARTY DETAILS as told by Astrid…
I absolutely loved working on Cruz’s Christening — a Great Gatsby theme with lots of
sequins and glitter juxtaposed with a very masculine colour palette of teal, black, white and gold and touches of rose-gold…totally right up my alley =)
The dessert buffet was based on the invitation I designed, with the art-deco Great Gatsby-inspired lines and pattern carried throughout the entire station from the backdrop, to the cake, cupcakes, cake pops, cookies and all paperie.
The bowtie was a strong focus also, as well as my favourite I may add, as I started seeing and wrapping everything in bowties, such as: bow-tie jar tags, bow-tie menu labels, and bow-tie thank you tags on take-away boxes!
In line with the roaring 20s, more is more with lashings of sequins, feathers and all that glitters is gold (keeping in mind the party is still for a boy!)
Guests were treated to delicious desserts such as vanilla cupcakes, chocolate cake pops, cookies, cake in a jar, assorted flavoured macarons such as salted caramel popcorn and mixed berry, and endless chocolates and candy. Besides the main dessert buffet, there was also a candy station for extra sweets =)
Finishing touches were the art-deco lines backdrop that I hand-painted with rose gold paint (yes…took me about 5 hours in total!) and the stunning CRUZ silver balloons above the dessert buffet and around the room.
Thank you so much for viewing my work and I hope you’ve enjoyed it as much as I have enjoyed creating it =)
– Venue: Grappa Ristorante E Bar
– Bespoke Invitation & Complete Paperie: PAPERplayground
– Dessert Buffet & Photography: PAPERplayground
– Cake, cake in a jar, Gatsby Cookie Stack (with flowers), cake pops: Sweet Bloom Cakes
– Macaron Towers: Macaron Delights
– Jewel Cookies: Butter & Dough
– Balloons: Balloons Online