Let’s go on an adventure with this incredible Jungle Safari First Birthday Party! Adriana and Regiane of Blooming Table paid extra attention to every detail of this creative celebration, which kicked off with clever rolled burlap invitations topped with cute felt animal faces. The use of natural colors and textures is perfect for any outdoor-inspired theme, and I’m especially loving the amazing, 3-dimensional leafy tree wall backdrop – complete with polka dot leaves and cute little caterpillars and bird nests!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Large stuffed jungle animals, spider monkeys hanging from the ceiling+ lots of live plants
– Adorable fondant animals inhabiting everything from the tiered cake to the treat pops
– Animal print paper flowers as dessert holders + delicious-looking pistachio and almond chocolate truffles
– Little baskets filled with plush animal party favors & the cutest Safari Guide costume for the birthday boy
PARTY DETAILS as told by Adriana & Regie…
Our sweet “1st Safari” was a hit, celebrating Lucas 1st Birthday. Our first Safari theme allowed us to use materials in a neutral color palette and also pops of color like orange, green and lots of zebra and leopard patterns. We really enjoyed this decor, and we knew we needed to approach the Safari theme with a baby in mind. So all of the details, leaf by leaf, were planned to give a 3D look to welcome little babies on their first Safari adventure.
We decided to create a background that would bring beautiful trees and lots of leaves with birds, caterpillars, butterflies and monkeys into the dining room. Monkeys, Giraffes and Lions sat around the dessert table. The table was decorated with zebra baskets and yellow fresh flowers, burlap runners, wooden trays and pedestal plates, and many little size plush animals.
The dessert table featured a variety of delicious Sweet treats including, an adorable Jungle Animal cake, cupcakes decorated with jungle animals, pistachio and almond-flavored Brigadeiros (a chocolate fudge truffle), Sicilian lemon and Guava mousses, and almond cake balls.
The kids’ favors were little baskets with puppet animals (with the cutest mini binoculars and safari hats) tagged with custom labels.
The adult favors were decorated boxes with gourmet chocolate brigadeiros in handmade animal print flowers, so cute. From the burlap invitations all the way to the party favors, everything was made with care.
The surprise and compliments coming from all of the guests and the excitement coming from baby Lucas’ eyes — simply unforgettable!!
– Styling and Decor: Adriana and Regie, Blooming Table
– Tablecloth, Pedestal plates, cupcake wrappers, truffle wrappers, cupcake topper: Blooming Table
– Cake, cupcakes and lollipops: Cakes by Suzi
– Sweets (brigadeiros and mousses): Blooming Table
– Photo credits: Daria Ratliff