Nikka of Triple M Good Parties styled this Playful Cat in the Hat First Birthday for her son, Miles, with so many amazing DIY details. Some of my favorite DIYs in this party are the unique, slightly wacky touches — like teetering potted plant centerpieces and a towering ‘ONE’ sign on the dessert table. With lots of brightly colored desserts and whimsical decor, this party fits perfectly with the Cat in the Hat’s main message: “It is fun to have fun. But you have to know how.” I would say this family certainly knows how. :)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Adorable family outfits, including Thing 1 & Thing 2 costumes for Miles’ older siblings
– ‘Green eggs and ham’ pretzel and M&M treats + framed Dr. Suess books
– Thing 1 & Thing 2 stand-in cutouts + Suessville sign leading you here and there
– A rainbow smash cake (which the birthday boy definitely enjoyed) + Thing 1 and Thing 2 cupcakes
PARTY DETAILS as told by Nikka…
When my youngest of three kids turned one last summer, I knew it had to be fun. He is my only summer baby, so I finally got to plan a party outside. My 2 older kids were Thing 1 & Thing 2, and the birthday boy was Cat in the Hat.
I made all the decorations and food. It was fun to make things not so perfect, like an off-centered cupcake stand and tall skinny candy jars.
I fell in love with the red, white and teal combination of colors. The ‘real’ Cat in the Hat came to read a book and the kids loved playing all the games, including pin the tail on Horton.
– Photography: Cassie Pepper Photography
– Homemade Decorations: Triple M Good Parties
– Printables & Cupcake Wrappers: Bellas N Fellas
– Thing 1 & Thing 2 and Miles Shirt: *golden*
– Directional Sign: Kute Kardz
– Fondant Cupcake Toppers: Miss Sweet Sends