Bonjour, joyeux vendredi! (Hello, happy Friday!) As you can tell, this “Flying Over Paris” Whimsical Twin’s First Birthday has whisked me right out of San Diego and straight into Paris! Sally Shin of Pretty Little Events styled this beautifully romantic luncheon party for the most adorable twins, which even included a French Patisserie vintage hutch filled with all kinds of delicious looking Parisian treats. Don’t you all just love the overall look and feel? I think, oui! ;)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Golden hot air balloon topped cake + a cake for each twin, with personalized clothespin figurine toppers
– Eiffel tower photo display centerpiece & beautiful rose, hypericum and hydrangea floral arrangements
– Chocolate dipped initial krispie treats, hot air balloon cake pops & toasted meringue topped cupcakes
– Painting & caricature artist activities + miniature Patisserie party favors
PARTY DETAILS as told by Sally…
What can I say about this event except we pulled out all the stops to celebrate a very special first birthday celebration for my client’s darling twins! The stunning Montage Beverly Hills was the backdrop to this “Flying Over Paris” themed luncheon. Our inspiration for the party was to take guests away on a hot air balloon ride over a ballroom transformed into a French cafe.
Cake & Dessert Bar: This event not only had one but 3 incredible cakes. Beautifully detailed by Sweet and Saucy Shop, the main birthday cake was a 3-tiered fondant cake embellished with delicate gold trim detail and topped with a hot air balloon. Each twin (a girl and a boy) had their own personalized birthday cake with the cutest wooden clothespin figurine cake topper.
A “patissiere” was set up on a vintage dresser from Found Vintage Rentals with cake pops, chocolate dipped rice krispy treats in the twins’ initials, individual jars of desserts tied with ribbon & a wooden spoon, and assorted mini cupcakes.
Tablescape: Guest table centerpieces were a mixture of Eiffel towers holding the twins’ baby pictures and tea tins and Parisian baskets overflowing with fresh florals. Table linens were by La Tavola Linen which had perfect tones of soft sage green, ivory, and gold to tie all the elements together. Mini San Pellegrino bottles loosely tied with a luggage tag and yellow paper straw served double duty as guest escort cards.
Entertainment and Children’s Activities: An artist’s table with individual canvas, paint, and crayons were set up on the terrace for children to create their works of art. French berets and aprons were provided so the kids could really get inspired to draw their French inspired artwork. Super Inflated provided balloon twisting and Deb Allen Caricaturists drew up fun guest pictures to take home.
– Event Coordination & Stying: Pretty Little Events
– Photography: Shoots and Giggles
– Cake & Dessert Bar: Sweet and Saucy Shop
– Rentals: Found Vintage Rentals
– Linens: La Tavola Linens
– Balloon Artist: Super Inflated
– Caricaturist: Deb Allen The Cartoon Lady
– Backdrop: Brenda Himmel Stationery
– Patissiere Sign: Sooki Design